how much do u baby your mono speedy??

kenka

Jan 29, 2009
hello u guys,,, i just wanted to know how much do u have to baby your mono speedy in order to keep it nice looking and like new:idea:.. is it a lot of work,,,is there any special tip you would like to reeal that nobody knows yet!!?? thank you so much for the ideas,, luv yáll:rolleyes:

I don't baby mine much at all! I don't set it on the floor, and I try to cover it with my coat when it rains...that's about it. I like a bag that shows wear with use. That's how I know that it's mine!

I used to try to baby my mono Speedy. And then I got caught in the rain...

Now I don't try as much anymore, haha. I figure that it has been through unexpected rain and survived, it can go through anything!

it's like having a first dent on your brand new car, first scuff or dirt mark on your Virgin vachetta and you are good to go!

I used to be so stressed about keeping the bag clean, but I have enough stress issues to deal with and I decided to actually USE my bags rather than baby them all the time!!
But keep a big plastic bag in your speedy, just in case it rains!!!! ;)

So much so that it still has the plastic on the handles and the card around the handles too! I've never used it, I used my Azur speedy 30 for the 1st time a week or so ago and the black dye from my leather gloves rubbed off on it I was sooo annoyed!

My first LV was a Speedy 25 in monogram. That was many years ago. I didn't know a thing about LV or vachetta leather or any other issues (this was before the Internet was in full swing, a long time ago!)

I didn't know, so I didn't worry. My bag has been through everything.
It wore very well for about 10 years, then I retired it.

You wouldn't buy a car and let it sit in the driveway. You'd drive it!
Use your bags, they are made to serve you. Don't worry about them.

Ooooo, my mono speedy by first LV, and yes I have babied it. The vachetta is actually a little bit of a pain in the backside, i came home with it once and there was a blue tinge through it, im not sure form jeans possibly. I just took a pencil eraser to it gently and it rubbed off!
I also have a pre loved manhattan pm which i must admit is wonderful as it has that stunning patina, good to look at so easy to use :smile: no worries

i would carry it on my arm rather than with my hands to keep oil transfer away. i made sure my hands were clean. didn't set it on the floor or let it get near food/beverage.