how much do u baby your mono speedy??

kenka

Jan 29, 2009
hello u guys,,, i just wanted to know how much do u have to baby your mono speedy in order to keep it nice looking and like new:idea:.. is it a lot of work,,,is there any special tip you would like to reeal that nobody knows yet!!?? thank you so much for the ideas,, luv yáll:rolleyes:

MandB

O.G.
Dec 24, 2005
I don't baby mine much at all! I don't set it on the floor, and I try to cover it with my coat when it rains...that's about it. I like a bag that shows wear with use. That's how I know that it's mine!

caley

hello!
May 1, 2006
when i first got my mono speedy, i was super careful with it. but the mono canvas is SOO durable that i don't worry about it too much.

Jul 28, 2006
Florida
I used to try to baby my mono Speedy. And then I got caught in the rain...

Now I don't try as much anymore, haha. I figure that it has been through unexpected rain and survived, it can go through anything!

sophia618

O.G.
Jun 30, 2006
it's always summer here!
it's like having a first dent on your brand new car, first scuff or dirt mark on your Virgin vachetta and you are good to go!

I used to be so stressed about keeping the bag clean, but I have enough stress issues to deal with and I decided to actually USE my bags rather than baby them all the time!!
But keep a big plastic bag in your speedy, just in case it rains!!!! ;)

heychar

❤️
O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
England
So much so that it still has the plastic on the handles and the card around the handles too! I've never used it, I used my Azur speedy 30 for the 1st time a week or so ago and the black dye from my leather gloves rubbed off on it I was sooo annoyed!

Sep 20, 2008
United States
My first LV was a Speedy 25 in monogram. That was many years ago. I didn't know a thing about LV or vachetta leather or any other issues (this was before the Internet was in full swing, a long time ago!)

I didn't know, so I didn't worry. My bag has been through everything.
It wore very well for about 10 years, then I retired it.

You wouldn't buy a car and let it sit in the driveway. You'd drive it!
Use your bags, they are made to serve you. Don't worry about them.

SeonaLuxury

<3 LV & Coach <3
Dec 9, 2008
BAHRAIN
Ooooo, my mono speedy by first LV, and yes I have babied it. The vachetta is actually a little bit of a pain in the backside, i came home with it once and there was a blue tinge through it, im not sure form jeans possibly. I just took a pencil eraser to it gently and it rubbed off!
I also have a pre loved manhattan pm which i must admit is wonderful as it has that stunning patina, good to look at so easy to use :smile: no worries

Jul 3, 2006
I don't baby either of my mono speedies at all and the patina is gorgeous. They've been caught in the rain more than once.

Rockysmom

O.G.
May 24, 2008
i would carry it on my arm rather than with my hands to keep oil transfer away. i made sure my hands were clean. didn't set it on the floor or let it get near food/beverage.