How much did your wedding cost?

I'm not married... no plans to do so for awhile. However, my best friend got married last year... I can't seem to recall how much, but it was def. well over $20k. One of my dad's cousins got married in 1999, and her wedding cost approx. $30k.

ahh I dont begrudge anybody spending alot of money on their weddings. Its completely up to the individual and what may feel like a waste of money to many, is never a waste to the people who organised it, who will treasure the memeries forever. Ofcourse, it doesnt mean that the wedding will be better because more money has been spent, I truly believe it is having the people who love you the most there that is the most important thing.

Mine was mid range, it cost 15,000 great british pounds, but that was 13 years ago (next month!), and we paid for it entirely by ourselves. We managed it by just paying off a different thing every month for a year, and I dont think anything was really really outrageously expensive, we just knew that this was going to be it for us, it was not going to be something that either of us was going to do again, so I wanted to feel princessy for the day, without feeling that we were completely wasting money.

a wee piccie here, ahhh I still think back to that day and love every second of it :yes::heart:

DSC01277.jpg

You look gorgeous, has anyone told you you look like nicole kidman???

Twinkle! I'm just sitting here with my eyes wide open and laughing about DH's Sister. the one she had and the one she cancelled. LOL!! Oh I bet that's an amusing story!!!

$100K is alot! wow. My friend canceled her wedding about 6 months prior and she too lost about $25-30K in deposits and dresses etc. all her savings went to funding the lost deposit. it's sad but better than marrying the wrong guy.

Sounds like you had a lovely wedding yourself with minimal cost and no debt!! =) no debt is good =) much better putting in the $$ into a house!! smart decision. I need a house. URGH, no house, just lots of clothes and bags and shoes... i need HELP!!!
LOL, I know just what you mean...DH's sisters was outrageous (the one she had, not to mention the one she cancelled 5 days before the date, whole other story)...I would say close to 100k for the one that she actually had, plus about 20-25 k for all the blown deposits, dress etc. for the cancelled one.

DH and I always exchange a look and :rolleyes: when ever she brings up that they just can't afford the down payment for a house... and asks how did we did it? "I can't believe you guys bought your big house, in the bay area, no less, less than 3 months after you were married!" We just:shrugs:.

I am not a big wedding person. I find it such a waste of money. When you think about it, it really is a party for everyone else. Have you seen Bridzillas? It is the most nerve wracking day in someones life. It turns nice people not so nice.

My sister got married and it was just ridiculous. Her wedding cost roughly $50K in 2003. I told her she should of taken the money and go on a trip around the world for that kind of money.

Also I wouldn't spend a lot of money because the divorce rate is high. I also don't get why parents spend so much money on Sweet 16 parties either. What's going to happen when reality bites those kids in the ass down the road and they have to find jobs??

Now with that said, I think I will go into party planning and capitalize on peoples stupidity. :groucho:

:wtf: NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!
Yes i've seen Bridezillas and again I say NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!

LOL, I know just what you mean...DH's sisters was outrageous (the one she had, not to mention the one she cancelled 5 days before the date, whole other story)...I would say close to 100k for the one that she actually had, plus about 20-25 k for all the blown deposits, dress etc. for the cancelled one.

DH and I always exchange a look and :rolleyes: when ever she brings up that they just can't afford the down payment for a house... and asks how did we did it? "I can't believe you guys bought your big house, in the bay area, no less, less than 3 months after you were married!" We just:shrugs:.

she can't be serious :shocked:

I expect I'll be getting married in the next few years and I can't lie..I want a nice big wedding. Judging from the things i have already looked at, I expect my budget to be somewhere between 30k and 45k.

Oprah made a statement once that I thought was profound. She said people should make sure that they don't have a big marriage and a small wedding. They shouldinstead have a big marriage.

My wedding is hopefully not going above 5k. It's in two weeks and we have had a lot of help from family. Fred's SIL is making our cake, my dress was Fred's Aunt's old dress which is a lovely and expensive dress I would never have gotten on my own, also we're doing all our decorating and it's all going to be in his mothers backyard!

Is it your tradition to invite as many as 150-200 people ?
Most of the weddings I have been to (UK, France, Denmark)were around 50 ppl, it's close family and friends.
Waow, I don't even know 200 people....or do I ??
But whatever I do, I certainly wouldn't get on these shows like "For better or worse", even if they pay, what they do is tacky, tasteless, OTT....and many more adjectives