"how much did you pay?" how do you react to that ?

I hate this question . I usually get this question from my dh brothers baby mama. I feel judged when i tell her the price. I just laugh and say hehe its a gift. I dont know. ^^^ stmichel i totally agree with your answers. lol

Mellecyn: i'm on the same boat. i generally reply "um...alot" or "enough to break me off, but it's all worth it", or "look it up on the LV website" -- then chuckle and change the subject..hahahaha.

I tell them the price, like eminere said... it's MY money. Everyone spends their money on what they enjoy in life. Men cars, some people gadgets, shoes, jewlery... as long as you're happy it's all good!

My cousin and I used to both like to collect different magazines, cut out our favorite models and the accessories/clothing, fit them together, and then usually she would wear them and buy them- and I would watch. Because I didn't really feel that it was a "way of life" I thought of it as watching a theater.

Now, she acts as if "fashion and those kinds of things are so rubbish; just a waste of time" and then she goes and purchases a 1000+ Digital SLR camera with a couple of very high end lenses (which cost almost half the camera each).

I like to imagine that each person who insults the way anyone else uses their money is only jealous or confused. They aren't sure why they need to criticize others or dig into their personal (financial and social) lives, but when they do it's almost always with a tinge of rudeness and envy.

Now, I think a 1000+ camera is a winner, because it takes beautiful pictures, but I'm not fascinated by it atm.

People I don't trust will ask me about my things. I always realize that they could be interested or they could be jealous and fuming mad at the ears because I'm getting a bag they would never afford.

How do you think I felt when my "friend" kept bugging me about my LV bag? She wanted to know if it was real, and her bf was asking as well. It was kinda nosy and pushy, as if they were expecting me to say somthing that they assumed "oh, it's fake" or "oh, i got it for 50 bucks"...It's just a morbid fascination with putting others down.

I told them it was a fake, and tried to laugh it off, but I really think that unless you have the security of putting your real LV out there be careful with what you say. There are people who will snatch up your 1500.00 baby in a quickie, and they will lie to your face about it.

I had 500.00 taken out of my purse one day when I told my group of friends that it was a gift for new years from my family and I was going shopping...these were people that I KNEW...

Just think it's flirting with danger to talk about these luxury LVs like that.

But it all depends, in general, on who you're talking to.

I agree with dangergirl you have to be careful because its well known LV are expensive and typically if you can afford a LV you have lots of money. I usually don't say even to my friends who own LVs themselves they know better. I work hard for my money and its nice to treat oneself once in a while and to wear it without shame.

Oh, I cringe when I hear this question from people. EVERYONE has something they spend money on that someone else may judge as ridiculous. If I'm feeling particulary fiesty I may point out their blackberry, multiple hair processes, multiple tattoos, multiple cars, digital camera, camera phone, ipod, computer, etc., etc. (Some of these things I also have but usually it makes the point!)

Selena -- ITA!

If someone is really that curious they can easily go on the LV website and search for prices. It really is no one's business and I get extremely embarassed :shame: when people talk about how much I've spent on a bag because I know VERY FEW people understand why I do it. I'd rather avoid the whole subject completely because I shouldn't have to feel embarassed about something I've worked hard to buy!

The way I see it, unless they are truly inquiring for purposes of buying one themself then they have no business asking. If they really wanted to know they could easily find out by looking online.

... Strangers- I say that it is fake. I know this isn't really "representing" lv correctly, its just that I really don't want to get mugged.

... I always realize that they could be interested or they could be jealous and fuming mad at the ears because I'm getting a bag they would never afford.quote]

I agree with all of these responses. I try to dodge the question most of the time.

This happened to me when I got my Tivoli PM last month. I had mentioned to some people at work how I wanted one and was trying to save to get it. (DH ended up buying it for me, but they don't have to know that!)

I work at a biotech company in a small town where LV is very scarce to say the least, and when I carried it to work I had people gathering around my desk for a solid 3 days to look at it. Then they all kept touching it!!!! As in, grabbing all the vachetta and haphazardly turning it over, pulling on the handles, etc. I'm usually not one for confrontation but I nearly had to draw the line at that point. One of the guys I work with showed up and started inspecting it and said "I just want to see what a $1000 purse looks like", then walked away.

I'm thinking I may stay away from the price question next time I buy LV!