How much did you pay for your Antigona?

nikimenz

Jul 28, 2014
I'm not trying to offend anyone! Sorry if you're bothered.

I was just wondering what you paid for your medium antigona? (And please post pictures if you'd like)
I'm going to reward myself with one once I reach a personal fitness goal ;)
But I've been looking early, and I have noticed that there are differences in prices, it could be because I convert the price to CHF but I'm just curious.

Also, are the metal decals new? I'm not sure I like them.

I got mine recently for AUD$2049.
Loved it until I started using it. Only been using it 2 weeks and I'm finding the leather isn't as good quality as I had expected from this bag. Never read any stories about known issues with it before otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Kind of wishing I'd returned it when I had the chance now... Still it's a beautiful bag to look at from a distance.

I think the ones with metal are new but they haven't replaced the original ones, they're still available.

I got mine recently for AUD$2049.
Loved it until I started using it. Only been using it 2 weeks and I'm finding the leather isn't as good quality as I had expected from this bag. Never read any stories about known issues with it before otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Kind of wishing I'd returned it when I had the chance now... Still it's a beautiful bag to look at from a distance.

I think the ones with metal are new but they haven't replaced the original ones, they're still available.

Oh seriously?
Now I'm a little worried,
did you get the shiny or the goatskin (??) ?

Yes I still use it. It's hard to explain what happened but it's pebbled sort of leather and there looks like trails I guess I could describe it as where the pebbling has become pressed in and is no longer uniform. This is just from carrying it normally. Only on one side towards the bottom. Then the other day I noticed a dent similar on the handle from normal carrying. Never leave it pressed against anything so I have no idea how it happened.
I have other bags from different brands with a similar look/feel leather that have been less babied than this one which show no wear at all.
The leather doesn't feel like it would be so delicate and I only carried it to and from work for the time I've used it.

Re: durability, Mel Soldera reviewed her shiny Antigona and hers is in great shape considering how long she's had it.
http://www.cocktailsandluxury.com/2014/08/givenchy-small-antigona-review.html

I myself have a mini in the same leather and so far, so good but it's not my daily bag. Is your clutch in leather or coated canvas? If the latter, it would wear like iron, but that's like comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to offend anyone! Sorry if you're bothered.

I was just wondering what you paid for your medium antigona? (And please post pictures if you'd like)

I'm going to reward myself with one once I reach a personal fitness goal ;)

But I've been looking early, and I have noticed that there are differences in prices, it could be because I convert the price to CHF but I'm just curious.

Also, are the metal decals new? I'm not sure I like them.

Heey I live in Geneva and I bought it for 1600 CHF! Ill show pics when I get back home and receive it X

Re: durability, Mel Soldera reviewed her shiny Antigona and hers is in great shape considering how long she's had it.
http://www.cocktailsandluxury.com/2014/08/givenchy-small-antigona-review.html

I myself have a mini in the same leather and so far, so good but it's not my daily bag. Is your clutch in leather or coated canvas? If the latter, it would wear like iron, but that's like comparing apples and oranges.

Thanks for the video!

And I wasn't really comparing the two, just saying that I thought the quality was good and if I was going to be paying a higher price I would expect the quality to be the same/higher.

Oh I live in lausanne :smile:

Where in Geneva did you buy it? & What size?

Its the medium in red but I got a VAT refund since my friend is a diplomats daughter so I think the price was actually a couple hundred more. I got it at Anita's in Rue du Rhone. I had my sales assistant keep a look out for one and charge my card when she got it, they dont usually carry Giv. Try visiting the store. Or you could try Bongenie in Rive as well, right in front of Globus. Second floor sells Bal Giv etc. I think. And Drake Store a few minutes walk from Gucci are some of your options. Let me know how else I can help, a fitness goal achieved definitely deserves celebration X