How many years can you use your Coach bag before it's too out-of-date or broken?

Just like anything else -- if you take care of your bags, they can last a really long time. I think it depends if you carry a bag all the time and don't switch out, then it will not last as long. But I don't think too many Coachies are like that.
It's kinda like buying a car.. if you take care of it, most of the time, your car will last a very long time. But occasionally, there's a lemon out there and you might have to take it in for repairs or exchange it.

I still carry the Coach bag that I inherited from my grandmother periodically. It's from the 70s and still looks good for its age. I condition and clean it regularly.

Pursekitty's right, but those are the leather bags. They may not be the latest fad, but they never go out of style. Fads are here today and gone tomorrow but good style will be good style forever. And they don't wear through or fade in six or twelve months.

I know darned well I'll wear out my Scribble bags eventually, but the Spectators and Sheridans I bought 15 years ago are still in beautiful shape, and they've seen much harder use than any of my fabric bags.

I have mentioned this here before, but my doctor still has her first Coach bag (she carries it every day!) and it's 25 years old!

I expect my bags to last a long, long time - I take care of them and they are mostly leather.

I have mentioned this here before, but my doctor still has her first Coach bag (she carries it every day!) and it's 25 years old!

I expect my bags to last a long, long time - I take care of them and they are mostly leather.

Is your doctor's bag also leather?
So it seemed leather bags last much longer than fabric ones. Maybe I should exchange my new op art fabric sabrina to leather?
well, if you spend a few hundred on a bag you'd expect to use it for a fairly long time, right?

Is your doctor's bag also leather?
So it seemed leather bags last much longer than fabric ones. Maybe I should exchange my new op art fabric sabrina to leather?
well, if you spend a few hundred on a bag you'd expect to use it for a fairly long time, right?

hmmmmm...now as much as i like the op art i would think you'd have to pamper that silky material but i really wanna see them irl...:confused1:

I only buy the leather and I have a couple of bags from the 70's that look right in style - I have not been wearing them though because they have no lining or cell phone pockets.
I think the old Legacy leather line will be in style forever - quality never goes out of style and these bags are nice thick leather with timeless styling.

A bag will only wear out if you insist on carrying it daily and not take care with it. I have a couple of vintage bags from the 80s and 90s that are in good shape, but I made sure to moisturize them and store them properly.

As for fabric bags, you should read the care card that comes with them and treat them accordingly. I wouldn't carry an Op Art Sabrina in the snow or rain, and I would be careful where I set her down. Also, when you are not carrying her, I would stuff her with tissue and store her in her bag. HTH.

I use my Coach bags until I am tired of the style and ready to move onto something new. I usually don't keep them around for too long. The longest I've had one is for about a year or so. I've had accessories for longer but not big bags. If you want them to stand the test of time, get the leather ones. Signature fabric will show wear after time.

In my opinion, Coach makes timeless bags that will never go out of style... If you take good care of your bags, they will last you a very long time! I never owned a fabric bag, so don't know how those hold up. But if you buy leather, condition (I like Apple Guard leather conditioner) and spray with water/stain repellent (I like Meltonian spray) periodically.

I use my Coach bags until I am tired of the style and ready to move onto something new. I usually don't keep them around for too long. The longest I've had one is for about a year or so. I've had accessories for longer but not big bags. If you want them to stand the test of time, get the leather ones. Signature fabric will show wear after time.

Good advice. Thanks. That's what I thought.

My nylon type bags show wear very well, like, almost not at all! And I don't care, even if something isn't in style I wont' let that affect MY style.
I tend to really love the leather bags these days, but until I treat them well enough for me I won't put them under the elements of rain yet.