How many would go for a used Hermes bag?

Would you consider getting a used Hermes from reseller or the internet?

• Yes

• No, never, I will wait for brand new bag.

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.

DreamBags

Love bags
Aug 7, 2009
Since the wait list of a Birkin is so long, I wonder how many would consider getting a used bag from reseller? I am considering getting a used one (in very good condition only). Would you?

Before I bought my Birkin, I looked very seriously at the resale market. I would have been quite content with a preloved B. The only thing that held me back was the cost of the customs and duties to import it into Canada.

I absolutely have and will buy used Hermes bags. After you take a bag out once it really isn't new. I would rather save thousands and let somebody else take the bag out first. Provided that a bag is in good condition and the price is reasonable, I think it's a great idea to buy used. Hermes spa can do wonders for even well used bags. Not everyone agrees with me and I certainly wouldn't turn down an opportunity to place an SO, but for a regular bag I prefer to buy used.

heck yeah i buy PRE-LOVED! But i do my homework and thanks to tpf, have found a few fantastic highly reputable and well regarded resellers! But i also have bought two new birkins from H directly! Some of the most hihgly coveted bags are no longer being made so the reseller route is a super alternative as long as you don;t mind a less than pristine bag. IMO, i feel happy carrying a used bag, i don't stress about getting the first scratch on it, someone else has already taken care of that! :lol:

Most definitely...But only if the price is right. I could not see myself paying a premium for a certain color, leather, etc. If I'm paying full retail, it would have to be brand new. And I will not pay a penny more than retail.

Now that I think of it, all but two items in my small H collection are pre-owned. I love them more just thinking of $ saved from retail.

Absolutely. Like the other members have said, from the reputable sellers. There are some wonderful ones that many of us have used. You can get a pre-loved bag for a decent price. Good luck in your hunt.

absolutely yes, I will take a good pre-loved (in a combo that I want) from a reputable seller than a new one from the boutique (in some random combo) just because it is available :smile: