How many would go for a used Hermes bag?

Would you consider getting a used Hermes from reseller or the internet?

• Yes

• No, never, I will wait for brand new bag.

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.

DreamBags

Love bags
Aug 7, 2009
Hong Kong
Since the wait list of a Birkin is so long, I wonder how many would consider getting a used bag from reseller? I am considering getting a used one (in very good condition only). Would you?

Celia_Hish

“Happiness is the highest good”
O.G.
May 17, 2006
Singapore
I don't mind if the condition & price reasonable. Of course must be from a reputable reseller or trustworthy seller.

sarah2808

O.G.
Jul 1, 2007
Toronto Canada
Before I bought my Birkin, I looked very seriously at the resale market. I would have been quite content with a preloved B. The only thing that held me back was the cost of the customs and duties to import it into Canada.

McLoverly

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I absolutely have and will buy used Hermes bags. After you take a bag out once it really isn't new. I would rather save thousands and let somebody else take the bag out first. Provided that a bag is in good condition and the price is reasonable, I think it's a great idea to buy used. Hermes spa can do wonders for even well used bags. Not everyone agrees with me and I certainly wouldn't turn down an opportunity to place an SO, but for a regular bag I prefer to buy used.

Bag-terfly

O.G.
Sep 24, 2008
Red White & Blue
I bought from both, H boutique and reputable reseller. However, I would never buy from untrusted source. That's what I love about tPF.... there's so much info on here.

Mar 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
heck yeah i buy PRE-LOVED! But i do my homework and thanks to tpf, have found a few fantastic highly reputable and well regarded resellers! But i also have bought two new birkins from H directly! Some of the most hihgly coveted bags are no longer being made so the reseller route is a super alternative as long as you don;t mind a less than pristine bag. IMO, i feel happy carrying a used bag, i don't stress about getting the first scratch on it, someone else has already taken care of that! :lol:

howardu09

Give & Receive
O.G.
Feb 14, 2008
Over the Valley & Through the Woods
Most definitely...But only if the price is right. I could not see myself paying a premium for a certain color, leather, etc. If I'm paying full retail, it would have to be brand new. And I will not pay a penny more than retail.

Now that I think of it, all but two items in my small H collection are pre-owned. I love them more just thinking of $ saved from retail.

tnw

O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
California
Absolutely. Like the other members have said, from the reputable sellers. There are some wonderful ones that many of us have used. You can get a pre-loved bag for a decent price. Good luck in your hunt.

w.y.h

yipeeee!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
absolutely yes, I will take a good pre-loved (in a combo that I want) from a reputable seller than a new one from the boutique (in some random combo) just because it is available :smile: