How many/ what bags?????

Dear Ladies, here is my dilemma:
i got a new challange at my job, which means for the next 2-3 years i will be travelling between London-Vienna-Moscow-Marbella all the time.
(i will spend 1-2 weeks in every location, living mostly in hotels).
Every details are settled except the future of my bags!!!
I have to choose which bags should be with me which should fit my lifestyle.
I need a bag for daily use which means visiting banks, lawyers, customers etc...carrying documents( not a laptop) ans use sometimes public transport.(has to be stylish, comfy and safe!!!)-as well as go to shopping, gym etc..
A Bag for dinners
A Bag for coctail-parties

my selection:
35 chatrause birkin
36 tricolor-brown HAC
35 black trim
31 gold bolide
34 etoupe lindy
picotin gold tgm

What are your suggestions???

Well, that's a happy challenge to face.

Let's see...

(1) I need a bag for daily use which means visiting banks, lawyers, customers etc...carrying documents( not a laptop) ans use sometimes public transport.(has to be stylish, comfy and safe!!!)-as well as go to shopping, gym etc.. -- 35 birkin or bolide (the latter is a bit more discreet and has a zip for security and easy access)

(2) A Bag for dinners -- bolide

[/B](3) A Bag for coctail-parties -- bolide

Out of your selections, I'd choose these three because they can be used inter-changeably per your daily needs.....

Chartreuse Birkin,
Etoupe Lindy,
Gold Bolide

And I'd invest in a 28cm black Chevre Kelly for those schmancy evenings out!

missmarbella...does the trim have a zipper closure for safety? Just wondering.
Daily use...the HAC...are the colors discreet for going to lawyers, banking, etc? The chartreuse Birkin must be gorgeous but maybe the color might not be right for visiting all the above in a conservative environment...just guessing. Also the HAC will match your Gold Bolide if you need to tote more things w/shoulder strap.
Dinners...Gold Bolide and is also great for safety w/zipper and shoulder strap.
Cocktail parties...Picotin is cute!

thanks for the advices..
i am just afraid that the green birkin is not so appropiate f.e. in London.
my bolide is mou, but i think it is fine for dinners...
i would love to take trim for daytime but my docs dont fit there...

Wow, that's sounds like a hectic schedule for 2-3 years. I would take them all if I was going to be away traveling for so long. The trick will be to find a way of packing them in a compact fashion. I would also invest in a small Kelly or clutch for evenings out.

Out of your selections, I'd choose these three because they can be used inter-changeably per your daily needs.....

Chartreuse Birkin,
Etoupe Lindy,
Gold Bolide

And I'd invest in a 28cm black Chevre Kelly for those schmancy evenings out!

Shopmom has it down! This is exactly what I was thinking - maybe even a black Medor clutch for evening cocktail parties?

depends what your style is for dinners/cocktail parties.
the bolide could work for these, depending on your style, or else a clutch would be the easiest for packing (though a little suede picotin could be the least expensive investment).
for daytime, the 31 bolide (in which case you only have to pack one bag if it suits your evening style too), or the 35 chartreuse birkin (why don't you think it would work in london? it only has to work with your style/wardrobe, but i think it would look terrific with a trench, so there you go, lol).

Picotin for travelling and work because you can stuff it a little and it has enough space for your daily needs.

Kelly of some kind for evenings out. A clutch if you can make it/use a car or a 28 Kelly if not. It has a strap so you could be grabbing them champagne flutes with both hands :biggrin:

thanks for the advices..
i am just afraid that the green birkin is not so appropiate f.e. in London.
my bolide is mou, but i think it is fine for dinners...
i would love to take trim for daytime but my docs dont fit there...

Missmarbella, this pic is taken from Gina_b's "Prix de Diane 2007 & FSH Summer Windows" thread. I think this lady looks very chic in her dark suit with green Birkin 35! Hers looks like Vert Anis. Your Chartreuse would be even better since it's not as bright :smile:

200705.30%20096.jpg