How many unused bags do you have sitting in your closet?

How many unused bags do you have?

• None- I use them all!

• 1-2- I plan on using them soon, waiting for the right time

• 5- Uh oh, I better start breaking these girls in!!!

• 10 + Why do I keep on buying bags and not using them???

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay .. so, first of all .. let me get this out there .. I consider myself a Balenciaga collector. I started with the original Flat Brass "Le Dix" (Gold Label) when it initially came out and while I have bought/sold quite a few, it is still my favorite brand and if I find a good "oldie", it gets scooped up and put into my collection. That being said .. behold the Bal closet in my house (and I'm re-working it so don't mind the picture!) ..
View attachment 3617150

Oh my goodness, that is a gorgeous collection!

My black B has been so unused this summer! Does anyone wear their black bags in hot weather? I'm a very colorful dresser and I just inherited the black B from my mom. It's so beautiful but bc of my wardrobe I'm not really sure how to wear it in the summer…

My black B has been so unused this summer! Does anyone wear their black bags in hot weather? I'm a very colorful dresser and I just inherited the black B from my mom. It's so beautiful but bc of my wardrobe I'm not really sure how to wear it in the summer…
Absolutely. I am carrying one today. I consider it a neutral, suitable for any season with the right clothes. I would not carry one with a pastel summer dress, but I never wear pastel summer dresses. :biggrin::biggrin:

Is there any valid reason, care and maintenance-wise, why most of kept Bal bags are not in the dustbags? I'm just wondering. I might buy one, a City in Bordeaux, so I'd like to know if I should keep it in the dustbag or out in the closet to let the leather breathe? Thanks
I do keep all of mine in dust bags for that very reason, keeps the dust off if they're sitting around for a bit. The bags are breathable so I don't thinks that's a worry. I think it also helps avoid any incidental scratches etc. Protection.

Hi. I wear my black bags in the summer as well. I used to be more strict about not wearing black in the summer, not wearing white/cream after Labor Day, etc. But now I try to use all my bags throughout the year in rotation to avoid neglecting my bags (I have a list of my bags and check them off as I use them and then when the list is done, start the process all over again, lol).

I have many bags stored in their dust bags in my closet. Many of them have never been used, but they are waiting for their turn. I sold some, but it is always a heartbreak for me to let go of a bag after I had to hunt for it. So, to avoid any regrets, I am keeping them and trying to rotate. I love colors, so when I get tired of a certain color, I switch and adjust my clothes to match the new color of the bag. So much fun! I am still buying Bal oldies - that silky leather is unmatched!

No. But my collection is tiny :smile: I do however have two Balenciaga SLG:s that I've never used and really should sell but I find this hard as I love them and had to hunt for them a bit.
I can relate -- I have a couple hard to find limited edition SLGs from another brand that I haven't used yet. They are so pretty to me that I want them to stay new and pristine (lol). I can sell them for a profit but I don't have the heart to (maybe I will someday when I need the purse fund to buy something else even more special, lol).

Use them, that's what they were made for :smile:...honestly, I use my anis MU bag and love it every time I pull it out of my bag...
I can relate -- I have a couple hard to find limited edition SLGs from another brand that I haven't used yet. They are so pretty to me that I want them to stay new and pristine (lol). I can sell them for a profit but I don't have the heart to (maybe I will someday when I need the purse fund to buy something else even more special, lol).
I think when I first started buying Bal:s and not just admiring all of the tPF:ers', I hadn't really thought through exactly what I wanted. I go back and forth with these items. Maybe now that I've bought a red City (that I'll hopefully keep : ) it will be easier to let the red m-u clutch go. It doesn't fit my Proenza Schouler Pouch for ex and I draw the line at rotating m-u bags :smile:

I think the most important Bal items to me right now are the City:s and coin purses. I feel the same about my black Bal coin purse I think, as you do about your treasures, Iamminda, although I'm sure yours are more valuable and rare. But I do use it, muchstuff. With care of course :P

Reactions: muchstuff