How many unused bags are in closet?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I'm sad to admit that I have many never used bags. I like a lot of them but I get nutty about messing them up. So my number is.....10! Now that the weather is improving, I hope to bring out some of these treasures.

Great thread, I was just posting about this in the hh subforum! I have about 10 fabulous leather clutches that have never seen the light of day, plus, a few handbags!

Oh wow! I don't have nearly as many unused bags, probably just like 2-3? It's mainly because I ended up not liking them that much when seeing them IRL (there are NO designer boutiques or nice stores in Utah other than Nordstrom's, Macy's, and Dillards, so I have to order everything online!). I was just too lazy to return them hahaha. I'm probably going to give some away to close family and friends though, so it wouldn't be a total lost :smile:

I have about 3 that I never use. Two of them are small monogram bags that I bought when I was younger and I've since grown out of that style. The other is a great bag, but I'm not thrilled about the size and color, so it's only used on rare occasions. I'm too sentimental to sell my bags, but hope to have a daughter someday who will be able to use them.

I have 4. One, because the style really does not suit me for daily use. It is a convertible clutch. I may have an occasion to use it, but it hasn't arisen yet. Hopefully, soon.

One I just received and it is white, so I am waiting until it warms up a bit and the other two are styles that I bought, but not sure if I am crazy about. I usually wear my bags right away. I don't like to keep things that I won't wear.

Way too many in my personal collection, Designer Bags of various labels probably around 50 or more unused in my closet or on my shelves, some i bought but never even carry before, some i just use once or twice but find them not my style or don't really like. Can't bear to sell them off also, for the price i paid for them, selling them would be at a big loss. I noticed only LV items are easy to sell off when you do not want them anymore , they would still fetch some reasonable values compared to other labels like Balenciaga, Gucci, Prada, Fendi, Bally, Ferragamo, Jean Paul Gaultier, Hogan, Diorhomme, Burberry, Burberry Black Label, Long Champ, Gianfranco Ferre, Ermengildo Zegna, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors or Coach which makes part of my collection.

About 10 bags from labels like Calvin Klein & Zara which i rarely use. About 5 bags from HeadPorter, Antonio Melani, Diane Gail & lesser known designers.

I also have about 25 non-designer, unknown designer or sport bags like Puma, Adidas, Nike, Converse, Le Coq Sportif etc which i don't use anymore stored in a carton box stashed in my storeroom, i am getting rid of these soon, maybe donate to charity organisations or give my friends who wants them. Currently i only keeping one Puma camo tote bag which i use at times for lazy day & rough use.

These exclude small leather goods, small items or shoes/sandals unused but lesser in quantity than bags definitely.

I am sure i am not the only one here, some are just shy to speak up.