How many tubes to get free makeup at MAC

another way to rack up the freebies is to transfer all your shadows and blushes onto palettes. I managed to get like 8 free products that way

here's a pic of the work in progress:

IMG_5156_1_1.jpg

Anyone know if eyeshadow palettes are part of B2M? I've taken empty fillable palettes, but I'm wondering about those LE palettes from the holiday lines, etc. -- they are metal!

and aml716, that looks so professional! I depot my eyeshadows as well, but have always kept mine in 4-pan palettes. The bigger ones look great!

Anyone know if eyeshadow palettes are part of B2M? I've taken empty fillable palettes, but I'm wondering about those LE palettes from the holiday lines, etc. -- they are metal!

You can return LE stuff just as long as you bring the whole set. For example if you get one of those LE kits that come with a lipstick and lipgloss you have to return both of them and it counts as one. They just don't want people to break up stuff that was sold together as one kit and counting it as multiple items turned in for Back to Mac.

is it easy to get the eyeshadows out of their containers? and will they fit in the palettes?

woah, wait wait, confused. First how do you get the eyeshadow out and don't they want the whole packageing including the container that eyeshadow is in?
Second where did you get those palettes, they are great?

Those are MAC 15 pan Palettes you can get at the MAC Pro stores. The MAC Pro stores carry pan eye shadows (the eye shadows in just the pan and without the normal packaging) which fit into the palettes.

You can also depot your own MAC eye shadows with a heat method. I've done some myself and it's pretty easy, but you have to add a magnet to the back of the pan once you get it out of the container. I learned how to do it buy watching tutorials on You Tube!

The first time I depotted MAC eye shadows I did 5, then after I took the empty plastic cases and an empty MAC foundation bottle to my MAC counter and got a free lipstick of my choice!!

Those are MAC 15 pan Palettes you can get at the MAC Pro stores. The MAC Pro stores carry pan eye shadows (the eye shadows in just the pan and without the normal packaging) which fit into the palettes.

Not just Pro Stores, regular MAC Stores (not counters) carry these items, too.

if i use a candle/flame to remove the black container that holds the pot, can i still take everything back in for the B2M program even if it is partially melted?

All of the MAC stores in my area won't accept them unless they have the silver pan still intact. I bought some that are perfect and fit inside that were cheap to get around that. The few I melted were tossed.

Also, I read (and not sure if it is true) that you should not do the candle trick since the black plastic emits bad fumes. If this is incorrect information, I am sorry, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I use a flat iron and they come out perfect now after some trial and error.