How many times do you relist before you call it a day?

bagatella

Jul 28, 2007
Assuming an item you're selling can be returned, how many times do you relist it before you throw in the towel?

pr1nc355

Orange Pyramid
O.G.
May 24, 2006
Depends. Every time I relist, I lower the starting or BIN price a little. If I've lowered the price as much as I feel comfortable doing, and it still doesn't sell, I give up.

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE
I tried to sell a Coach Business Tote (retail 398) for starting $320 to the 4th time ($209). I simply wouldn't go any lower so I gave up. The same person CONTINUED to send me $75 offers that I laughed at. I would rather let it sit in my closet to use once a year than to give it away for less than 25% of retail.

Another hard to sell item I listed 3 times before it sold. However, I have been told that people don't like my shipping costs OR the fact that I don't accept returns.

Have you looked to see if similar items are selling at a comparable price to yours? However, if you can return it don't waste too much money in listing before recoving your money from the store.

b3stbuy

Feb 24, 2008
land of the 3 stars and the sun
i have a no return policy as well and like the rest..i lower my starting price everytime i relist but up to a certain point..if it doesnt sell i give it away or if its new...as a gift :smile:..i probably relist for 3 times...i give the item a month or so :biggrin:

ladybug2468

Oct 29, 2006
I also start my auctions at .99 then you don't have to relist it brings in the buyers but doing this you take your chances.

Kam7185

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
I only occasionally sell a handbag, I typically sell VERY expensive home goods, collectibles, and antiques. These items require a certain audience, and there isn't going to be a following every week. I don't NEED to sell the items, but, I no longer get the joy from them that I once did. As a result, I will relist up to 7 times but never reduce the price. As aforementioned, I'm not in a dire situation so I'm not willing to take a hit. The right buyer will come along at the right time....they always do!

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
I've re-listed a couple of times but I don't reduce the price. Sometimes it's just not listed at the right time of year.

bentley

Oct 2, 2007
I relist a couple of times if there are watchers when it ends and if it doesn't sell then I up the price and let it sit in my store until the right buyers comes along

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I will only relist 2 times, so listed a total of 3. I've only had to relist a 2nd time 2 times and did well in the end.
Cheers,

pr1nc355

Orange Pyramid
O.G.
May 24, 2006
I also start my auctions at .99 then you don't have to relist it brings in the buyers but doing this you take your chances.
ITA. I used to do this a lot, but I ended up selling a $900 pair of Hermes shoes for $66 :cursing: