How many times do you reapply your makeup a day?

irene83

O.G.
Mar 14, 2011
Hello TPFers,
This might be a really stupid question for some of you, but I am wondering how many times people reapply their makeup throughout the day to keep it fresh. I usually like carrying small bags, don't really reapply throughout the day, except when I try to make minor corrections. The result is, obviously, that a lot of my makeup runs off towards the end of the day, making me look more bare-faced. I'm horrible at fixing this habit.

I wonder what the more stylish and knowledgable ladies do? Do you carry around a lot of makeup and reapply throughout the day? I'd like to know what people do....

Thanks for your reply~ :smile:

I love small bags & hate carrying much stuff with me. I don't mind makeup wearing off, looks natural to me as am not a fan of heavy makeup. I have dry skin so reapplying makeup is tough for me.

I only carry a small 5ml bottle of essentials oils ( I mix my own) & lip balm or gloss. For me, as long as my skin is properly moisturized, I still look fine.

I use loose powder to set my makeup in the morning, then have a pressed powder compact in my bag to touch up during the day. Also reapply lipstick throughout the day.

I use a pressed powder to touch-up the face and I re-apply lip products. Everything else pretty much stays put until I wash it off.

I do keep my make-up bag with me in case something comes up and I need/want to change my look.

I use a foundation primer and eye primer and set everything with loose powder and a setting spray. During the day I usually only have to reapply lipstick. However, if I'm going out after work, I will usually retouch everything a little. You might want to invest in a good primer and setting spray if you haven't already so that you're not touching up all day.

I also only carry small bags but the only thing I have to reapply is my lip gloss. My primer keeps my face makeup looking fresh all day and my blush is from Nars(so you know super pigmented). But I keep my gloss in a really thin makeup bag in my purse.

Most of the time I carry a concealer and lip product with me (whatever I'm wearing that day eg. Lipstick) occasionally Ill carry an eye-liner and mascara with me if I'm going out in the evening.

I'm a bit obsessive about this, I admit. I like a matte finish, and my nose tends to get shiny during the day. I'm also addicted to lip balm or gloss, so I'm always re-applying. I carry a small cosmetic case in my purse, and also one in my desk drawer at my office, with my touch-up items: pressed powder, couple of lip glosses, lip balm. Regardless of what bag I'm carrying, I will never leave the house without a pressed powder, lip balm, & a lip gloss with me. I don't touch up my eye or cheek makeup, I apply in the morning and it lasts throughout the day just fine.

I check my makeup & touch up probably every hour or so. I told you I was a bit obsessive. :lol: