how many times did you have to exchange until you got your perfect bag?

starrygirl

Jul 5, 2008
after 3 weeks i had to exchange my first flap because of loose stitches, but im not happy with the new one i loved the old one more, i want to exchange again....

did it take you a while to find your perfect bag?

3 or 4 times for the same black M/L caviar flap, not happy with loose stitches, uneven leather, bulges, inconsistent quality.

I am not looking for perfection, but when I pointed out the 'flaw' to the SA's, they had to agree with me it's just below acceptance.

Even had to dragged my friend to check out the bag and was hoping that she would she it's ok to accept it, cos I was desperate to take the bag home. Still no no......:nogood:

Waited for several shipments over 4 months before finding the near perfect bag.

And we r talking abt buying from Chanel boutique!

3 or 4 times for the same black M/L caviar flap, not happy with loose stitches, uneven leather, bulges, inconsistent quality.

I am not looking for perfection, but when I pointed out the 'flaw' to the SA's, they had to agree with me it's just below acceptance.

Even had to dragged my friend to check out the bag and was hoping that she would she it's ok to accept it, cos I was desperate to take the bag home. Still no no......:nogood:

Waited for several shipments over 4 months before finding the near perfect bag.

And we r talking abt buying from Chanel boutique!

im really new to chanel, i really wish my first flap did have stitching issue as it was perfect, but this new one seems flimsy at the front. i wish i asked for repair on my first one, she just automatically gave me an exchange. is it ok to go to different store to exchange? i want to see what stock they have and inspect them so i find another i love.

I think it is okay to exchange the bag at the same store until you get the one you love. We pay so much for our purses that we should be satisfied with getting the right bag. Just as long as you have not used the bag, I think you can exchange it. I don't think you can exchange the bag from the boutique to a dept. store. You need to return one and buy it from another. Unless you have two Chanel boutiques or dept store in you area then you can exchange it. HTH

luckily i live in london, ive got the pick of selfridges, harrods, and two chanel boutiques. i haven't used the bag yet either cos i'm not happy with it. :sad: i just feel really trivial going in there again and swapping it. do i need to have a major reason to do so?