How many tears must be shed before this ends?

Trayan

生命太短暂,融入
May 17, 2010
28i92cp.jpg

If you look at the lack of symmetry on the monogram it is clear that this person not only is destroying fine luggage’s image but has no regard for even trying to get maybe passable faux fine luggage. Also look at the very poor workmanship on the handle. What is this world coming to!
I will go into this topic more in the future. If you have ever had bad experiences with people who use these items please share.

Disgusting. I wish people would just buy a brand they can afford, rather than a fake.
I saw a fake speedy last week with sequins all over it. Really cheap & tacky & the person who owned it had more than enough money to buy a real LV. I just don't get it.

Trayan, when I first wanted LV I bought (in good faith) a couple of fakes (Pochette and 'Ribera' which was like a small Speedy but I don't think LV ever actually made that style).

I learned here that they were fake and never used the Ribera and used the Pochette at home to hold pens until the zipper broke.

I'd like to give this person the benefit of the doubt but if someone likes LV enough to buy it they must know that you don't get it for that price (mine were well used already and from a consignment store so I was taken in, but that one looks brand new).

Besides the issues of where they come from - when one sees items like this and doesn't know they aren't authentic it makes one think the real thing isn't worth having, and that is also damaging to the brand. I used to think Chanel looked cheap and tacky until I realized I'd only ever seen fake ones!

I saw a nasty azur galliera today on my way to pick up my bag from LV. I wanted to take a picture it was so bad. I mean what are they thinking?? Do they think people cant tell?!?!

Trayan, when I first wanted LV I bought (in good faith) a couple of fakes (Pochette and 'Ribera' which was like a small Speedy but I don't think LV ever actually made that style).

I learned here that they were fake and never used the Ribera and used the Pochette at home to hold pens until the zipper broke.

I'd like to give this person the benefit of the doubt but if someone likes LV enough to buy it they must know that you don't get it for that price (mine were well used already and from a consignment store so I was taken in, but that one looks brand new).

Besides the issues of where they come from - when one sees items like this and doesn't know they aren't authentic it makes one think the real thing isn't worth having, and that is also damaging to the brand. I used to think Chanel looked cheap and tacky until I realized I'd only ever seen fake ones!

There is a Damier Ribera. Looks kinda like a Speedy.

When it comes to fakes, I personally know two types of people. The first think they are smart for buying a fake..."Why spend money on a real one when you can get a fake one that looks just as good?"

The second type of person buys a fake thinking it's real. For example, before I schooled her on all things LV, my mother used to think the LVs they sold on the street in China were the slightly defective ones straight from the "LV factory" or bags that the "LV factory employees" snuck out to sell on the side. :smile:

I thought I HATED LV mono, hated it with a passion until I bought a teeny tiny little pouch on evilbay that is authentic and perfectly aged, so now I'm in love. I think i was just seeing fakes as well.

I saw a fake today that looked like a mesh of the Rivington PM and Montorgueil PM in "Monogram Canvas". From 100 ft away I was interested in seeing a design I had never seen before. Two steps closer and I could tell it was a fake. As I passed her I looked closely and saw that the "Monogram" was OV rather than LV. I guess they didn't even think to find a fake with a letter that is closer to an L than an O is. :lolots:

Disgusting. I wish people would just buy a brand they can afford, rather than a fake.
I saw a fake speedy last week with sequins all over it. Really cheap & tacky & the person who owned it had more than enough money to buy a real LV. I just don't get it.

I wonder if you saw the limited Edition Speedy from the Fall Winter 2010 collection that is shown on the website. It has blue sequins all over it and is $2,420. Maybe it was actually legit?

:\ Sometimes I wonder if people know if they are carrying a fake. I never understood people who are carrying fakes that look obviously fake! There was this girl in my class who was carrying a fake LV bag all semester! It was supposed to be mono, but it had symbols that aren't even supposed to be part of the mono print! And the colors were off, plus the material wasn't right at all.

I saw a horrible fake Speedy at Dunkin Donuts a few months ago--- it actually had little flaps all over it that you could lift up. The whole bag was covered with them.
And I've heard of people that buy vintage LV bags and then bedazzle them....I guess to cover up any flaws and the bag's age.

28i92cp.jpg

If you look at the lack of symmetry on the monogram it is clear that this person not only is destroying fine luggage’s image but has no regard for even trying to get maybe passable faux fine luggage. Also look at the very poor workmanship on the handle. What is this world coming to!
I will go into this topic more in the future. If you have ever had bad experiences with people who use these items please share.

I noticed that person in the pic is reading a Chinese newspaper. I assume this photo was taken in Asia. To be honest you can see LV monogram everywhere on anything in many Asia country . I have been to a marketplace that sells luggage. They have a lot of luggage with mono on them. But the seller aren't selling those as a name brand luggage. They are just selling those luggage as a normal piece of luggage. They don't have a special price for the mono ones. I believe many older generation people in Asia are not into name brands at all. Some might not even know those mono logos are LV logos. It might sound unbelieveable to you. But its the truth. Those older generation people will just buy these luggage as a piece of luggage. Not intentionally to buy a fake LV luggage. Honestly, many of these people doesn't care about name brands. If they are just buying a luggage, not knowing it is a copy of some name brand, then I don't think they deserve harsh comments. JMHO!

Last edited:
Fakes don't bother me unless the people who carries fake brag around that it's real. Everybody lives are different and we all think that different things are more important than others. I respect what others buy since it's their money. Not mine ;)