How many stay at home moms buy designer handbags?

twinsmom

Oct 30, 2008
I am a stay at home mom of 2. I am wondering how many other stay at home moms are addicted to Chanel? I have posted some other threads about cost/guilt etc. when making a large handbag purchase and get many responses from women who say that they work hard for their own money and feel no guilt. I would be the first to say that I also work hard at home in support of my family. Question is...how many stay at home moms who don't bring in an actual physical "paycheck" have a designer handbag collection? Of course Chanel in particular. My other love is Louis Vuitton and I may need to post there as well. Hope you don't mind. Thanks!

Last edited:

twinsmom

Oct 30, 2008
I am a stay at home mom of 2. I am wondering how many other stay at home moms are addicted to Louis Vuitton? I have posted some other threads about cost/guilt etc. when making a large handbag purchase and get many responses from women who say that they work hard for their own money and feel no guilt. I would be the first to say that I also work hard at home in support of my family. Question is...how many stay at home moms who don't bring in an actual physical "paycheck" have a designer handbag collection? Of course Louis Vuitton in particular. My other love is Chanel and I may need to post there as well. Hope you don't mind. Thanks!

Last edited:

lv_shopaholic

LVOEin LV in LV
O.G.
Sep 25, 2006
Fabulous Las Vegas
i used to be a stay at home mom (3 years), i recently started working (sept '08). while i was a sahm, i still kept my designer bag collection, and added a few pieces. mu husband doesn't mind that i buy them as long as everything has been settled, groceries, bills, etc. i guess im lucky to have an understanding husband. your girls are adorable btw.

twinsmom

Oct 30, 2008
thank you! my husband seems to be the same way...as long as everything else is in order, i get the fun stuff. my collection is much smaller than most but i love them all. :smile:

ochie

princess
O.G.
Oct 26, 2008
SD
Hi I am stay home mom, not working, I just take care of my 2 little boy, 9 yrs old and 16 month, my 9 yrs old home study.. My husband is working as the head of marketing for real estate training company..but I have a business, exporting jewelry..

ochie

princess
O.G.
Oct 26, 2008
SD
Oh and before I used to collect LV,but now I am into chanel and hoping to collect Hermes too someday... but not right now.. My husband buys me all of my bags..

winniejo

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
Chicago
www.blondies-n-brownies.com
twinsmom- your girls are adorable! i'm having twin girls in about a month.

i stay home with our soon to be 3 kids and still get designer things. i just don't get as many as when i was working. they're more special occasion items now, instead of running out and buying whatever i wanted whenever i wanted when i was working and getting paid. i'm still "working" so no guilt here. ;)

luciabugia

Not your average MOM
O.G.
I am a stay at home mom of a twin boys and nope, I dont bring $$$ into the household income. I was working as a TV producer before and when the twins started schooling, DH and I had a talk about what is good for the boys and concluded that one of us to be at home to receive them when they return from school and help them with school work and all and as a mother, I volunteered to stay.

Luckily DH also thinks that since I was nice enough to volunteer, I deserve to add into my collection cool stuffs every other ocassions like Valentine's, Mother's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, ect, ect...But lately I started thinking about may be I should slow down, you know with the economic situation that is hitting the world and with us living abroad....nowadays, you cant be sure of what is behind the corner. People are loosing jobs and I'm starting to feel a bit irresponsible buying a handbag at 1,500 euro! But still, at the end of the day, I am only human..therefore I am getting another LV this Valentine's Day:shame: BUT below 1000 euro!:angel:

wang198021

Mom of 2
Jan 14, 2009
Beijing
I am s stay home mom of 2. I am the same, my husband is ok with me buying desinger bags as long as everything is good with the kids and the house.

Savannah

Feb 13, 2006
I am also a stay at home mom of 3 boys with no actual income. My DH supports my bags and shoes habit.

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
IRELAND
I'm not exactly a stay-at-home mum, but I work mostly from home as a writer and have taken a break from regular paid work. My designer bag collection began years ago, and still continues on a smaller scale. What I find somewhat guilt-inducing is continuing to spend on luxury bags while there's an economic downturn. Also, while I'm at home there's less opportunity to go out and about with great bags! So this year I have spent little or nothing on bags. My previous purchases have been of such high quality that they still look practically new. Brands like Prada, Marc Jacobs and Balenciaga are designed to last, so I feel quite smug now!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Meeee! And I also have twins!:love:

*please don't post the question in a different forum, we only allow a topic to be posted once. Thanks!

Apr 23, 2008
H Garden
Me, and I do feel guilty especially with the economy now. Yet, with me staying at home, I only get bags on special occasions and since I have less opportunities to get out, I've come to realize that I don't need this many handbags~
I've been trying to be good after my two big purchases lately, so trying to slow down and appreciate my new bags~

baglady2006

i want it all
Jul 2, 2006
Miami, FL
another stay at home mom checking in :smile: I love LV bags, they are my reward for all I do for my four kids and their many pets.. lol. I figure if I were to charge I could be buying Hermes ;)

babygirlbling

J'aime ma vie!
O.G.
I'm a sahm of a three year old and a five year old and I still add to my collection. As long as the bills are paid and other expenses are taken care of then I don't have an issue with adding to my collection. DH is totally ok with it too..... Well he should be since he's also restoring a mustang. :rolleyes: So as long as we don't go into debt buying them I don't think it's a big deal.