How many SOGs do you own?

As I read how many everyone else has (and thanks for making me feel better), I wonder how long SOGs are good for. Does anyone here know? I would stagger my buying if they're only good for a couple of years but if they last forever, well...

I have read in multiple places 1-3 years, with 2-3 being what I read most commonly. However, I don't think regular nail polish is advertised to last forever, but I've had some bottles for over 10 years that were still fine, LOL.

As I read how many everyone else has (and thanks for making me feel better), I wonder how long SOGs are good for. Does anyone here know? I would stagger my buying if they're only good for a couple of years but if they last forever, well...
I called both Harmony and Jessica a month or so ago due to my overwhelming obsession with the SOGs! Gelish claims 2 years and Geleration told me well over 2 years if stored properly. Away from heat and in a cool dark dry place.
I have 19 total! I think I need more!

Technically 13 right now... but 5 are in the mail on there way to me right now so it will be 18. (Not including bases and tops.)

Hmmm, mail service. Presently our postal workers are either on strike or locked out. Eagerly awaiting mail service to resume so my swatch wheels and nail tip fan will finally arrive and I can start creating.

up to 43:lolots:

just had a major sorting out and swatching session. 19 Gelish, the rest a mix of Shellac, Le Chat, Geleration and CHu Jie.

So many 'untrieds' it's shameful.. and I still have a wishlist of about 3.

I now have 3 colors of gelish and really am happy with all of them!

Okay, now I don't feel so inadequate. :P I also have 3... all Shellac.

I suspect that if Sally's carries the new Orly line when it comes out, my collection could grow rather quickly. I really like Orly and having it available in town could be dangerous.

I now have 4 colours ... all CND Shellac ... because that's all I can purchase through the local beauty supply store. Being Canadian, I'm waiting for the Postal strike to be over so that I can try a few others.

The problem is that the polish lasts so long, it's difficult to try all the colours I might want to try! :lolots: I mean, that's the point right? The shine stays ... and I almost feel guilty for wanting to remove it before "its time".

That said ... anyone found an easy way to remove SOGs from the toes? I'm almost tempted to purchase two of those silicone "pot holders" ... pour some acetone in one of the pockets ... and shove my toes into it! :giggles: I can't find a picture of the ones I've seen around here ... but this picture is close.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/silicone-pot-grabber-6

I wonder if silicone could survive acetone?

Mary

Okay, now I don't feel so inadequate. :P I also have 3... all Shellac.

I suspect that if Sally's carries the new Orly line when it comes out, my collection could grow rather quickly. I really like Orly and having it available in town could be dangerous.

Orly is coming out with a SOG line?

I wonder if silicone could survive acetone?

I would think it would. I think the little things I use for my fingers are silicone.

Thanks ferretkingdom

I was thinking that one could line one of the pockets with cotton [material rather than pads] and then pour in acetone so that it was well soaked ... shove one's toes into said pocket ... and wait. It could be way less arduous than wrapping each toe.

On the other hand, I may just go out and get some of those silicone thimbles and see if they work on my toes. What do you do about the holes in them?

Mary