Home & Garden How many Sets of Bed Linen do you Own per Bed?

Valeriee

O.G.
Jul 6, 2011
Currently, I own 5 sets of bed sheets (including matching pillowcases) for my bed. I have 2 white sets, one grey, one beige, and one brown. I also have a summer and winter duvet. I have a nice, high-end duvet cover for the summer duvet; however, I just purchased the winter duvet and I am on the lookout for a nice covet for it. They seem to be very expensive. Almost as expensive as the actual duvet. Just curious about what others view as reasonable.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
Two sheet sets. One in red, one with a pattern.

I have a winter comforter with two duvet covers, one red and one black.

I also have a quilt. That's a all I need and can store, bedding takes up a lot of space.

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
I have two white sets and a cream flannel set of sheets for really cold spells. I generally wash and put the same set right back on.

I have a heavy comforter, coverlet and quilt for winter. A lightweight comforter and the same coverlet for summer. Duvets drive me nuts trying to keep everything straight in the cover, I gave up trying to make them work.

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
I currently have 2 sets of bed linen for my bed; a white set and a DKNY floral pattern set. I moved out earlier this year from my parent's place and upsized to a queen bed, so none of my double bed sets fit... I would like to buy another set or two as I like options :P

May 15, 2006
For our master bedroom, currently 3. I've been purging my linens. We have 2 linen sets and 1 white cotton.

For the kids' room, I try and have at least 2 sets, if not more. I believe the queen bed has 4 sets, 2 sets for the extra long twin (top bunk bed) and probably 10 sets in twin size. (from use with inflatable beds for the kids.)

Valeriee

O.G.
Jul 6, 2011
I hope that my 5 sets isn't too extreme. I used to have about 2-3; however, I found a brand that I really like and i stocked up with 2 more sets during their annual sale. I have a double bed though, and I sleep Euro style (no top sheet - duvet cover gets washed as often as the sheet and pillowcases), so it all doesn't really take up that much space. I have each sheet folded up with the corresponding two pillowcases on one shelf of the linen closet and the duvet cover on another. I still need to get a duvet cover for the winter comforter and I'm set. This way, there will always only be one duvet cover inside the linen closet. I'm able to fit a bunch of tea towels on top of it anyway, so it doesn't really take up that much space either.

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
I hope that my 5 sets isn't too extreme. I used to have about 2-3; however, I found a brand that I really like and i stocked up with 2 more sets during their annual sale. I have a double bed though, and I sleep Euro style (no top sheet - duvet cover gets washed as often as the sheet and pillowcases), so it all doesn't really take up that much space. I have each sheet folded up with the corresponding two pillowcases on one shelf of the linen closet and the duvet cover on another. I still need to get a duvet cover for the winter comforter and I'm set. This way, there will always only be one duvet cover inside the linen closet. I'm able to fit a bunch of tea towels on top of it anyway, so it doesn't really take up that much space either.

I think your 5 sets are fine...
We rented a beach house last summer and linens were not provided...my mil offered me multiple sets for the whole house, and in bed sizes she doesn't even have in her house lol.

JetSetGo!

Suiting up and showing up
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
We used to keep lots of sheets sets for our bed, but in the past few years, we've decided to just rotate a single set. It sounds crazy even as I type it, but it works and it's so nice to not have to store tons of sheets.

I have quite a few for our guest bed since that is our old bed.

ap.

O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
All our bedding (sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers) are white to make things simple. I have linen for the summer, flannel for winter (2 sets), sateen and percale for all-purpose (2 sets), and I have a gazillion extra pillowcases. Three duvets (light, medium, heavy), a quilt, and a cotton blanket/coverlet. The guest room has a couple of non-white sets (gray melange flannel and print percale).

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
I just have one current set and a bunch of old sheets that I use as extra tarps when I paint or dog crate bedding or to cover things in the garage.

If I had multiple sets they would just sit in the hamper until I ran out of clean sheets. Now I just wash the single set when I need clean sheets.