How many sellers do off-ebay transactions?

purse-n-boots

Mar 24, 2007
I was just curious how many ppl actually give a discount to a customer for doing off-ebay transactions? Wouldn't it be better to offer a slightly less price and let the customer save money then giving it all to ebay? Depending of course, if your customer is comfortable with your reputation.

I've only ever done one & it ended well.. but I agree , I think it's too risky. My problem is, as a seller, how to politely decline an offer... especially when it's for the amount you were hoping to get....

Nope, never have. If anyone contacts me later on after the auction ends, I set up another auction for them, I won't do anything outside of ebay both for their own safety and mine.

I've done it but only for a Money Order or wire transfer. I also only do it if the buyer has great feedback and has been communicating well. Sometimes I even ask for a phone number and just have a quick chat with them.

As a buyer, I won't do it.
Cheers

I've only ever done one & it ended well.. but I agree , I think it's too risky. My problem is, as a seller, how to politely decline an offer... especially when it's for the amount you were hoping to get....

Ive declined. I told the buyer with the generous offer that I did not feel comfortable breaking eBay rules.

Cheers,

I've done it as a buyer and as a seller. It's worked out smoothly each time. The key thing is to do it only with highly reputable sellers or sellers you "know" of, and pay with a credit card (etc etc....you know, the usual buyer protection precautions). I would not risk it with sellers that I don't know much about.