How MANY Rebecca Minkoff bags do you own?

I wore the MAB today and it was very comfortable! Only had a couple things in it though, my phone (got a new iPhone 11 which is heavier than the iPhone 7, which now feels like a feather in comparison) and wallet. So it had weight but wasn't too bad. The handles have stretched a little bit beyond their round padding but they seem OK, not ripped or anything. Hope they can handle weight!

In my recent bag spree I found them on ebay and all were good. Glad you had good luck there too!! I also just found a full-sized nikki so am waiting on that...a cool brown.
My handles are like that too. I wore it for 26 days straight with lots of stuff in the bag and they are still fine. Cobbler thought the leather was strong enough.
So you're getting a Nikki? Can't wait to hear how you like it!

Good to know what the cobbler said. They seem to have their strength. Stitching is intact and not pulled at all. There is just about a half inch where there is no round filling/piping. I was thinking of taking earplugs, cut to length, to stuff in there but the handles are sealed and there’s no part of them that is open.

I found the Nikki, looks like a really pretty medium to dark brown, on the cool side like the crust of a brownie or something. It’s got the b&w paisley lining, and OS feet. When I saw your new mini on you I’m thinking mine is gonna be wayyyyy big!!! :amazed: I do like the lavender mini I have, but couldn’t resist this one. These bags draw you in, I would have never figured!

Last edited:
Good to know what the cobbler said. They seem to have their strength. Stitching is intact and not pulled at all. There is just about a half inch where there is no round filling/piping. I was thinking of taking earplugs, cut to length, to stuff in there but the handles are sealed and there’s no part of them that is open.

I found the Nikki, looks like a really pretty medium to dark brown, on the cool side like the crust of a brownie or something. It’s got the b&w paisley lining, and OS feet. When I saw your new mini on you I’m thinking mine is gonna be wayyyyy big!!! :amazed: I do like the lavender mini I have, but couldn’t resist this one. These bags draw you in, I would have never figured!
When you first see the bag, it will seem big. But after you put your stuff in it slouches and doesn't appear as big at all. That's been my experience. I love the paisley lining, 3 of mine have it, definitely old school. I can't wait to see pictures of it!!!

Yes, second row, far right, black background, the orange/red little paisleys. For a while I had thought that was the paisley being referred to, but then later realized it was the B&W paisley on the top row, middle picture that people were calling paisley. The B&W paisley is my nikki that's on its way.

What is the first one (B&W left) on the top row called? Geometrics? The last 5 on the bottom I don't know either, plus this pic (attached)... I was always curious what it was called.

Funny that during those RM years I hadn't really noticed this brand. Love these bags!

Attachments

• screenshot_06.png
    screenshot_06.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: Shelby33
Yes, second row, far right, black background, the orange/red little paisleys. For a while I had thought that was the paisley being referred to, but then later realized it was the B&W paisley on the top row, middle picture that people were calling paisley. The B&W paisley is my nikki that's on its way.

What is the first one (B&W left) on the top row called? Geometrics? The last 5 on the bottom I don't know either, plus this pic (attached)... I was always curious what it was called.

Funny that during those RM years I hadn't really noticed that brand. Love these bags!
That older lining with the orange is the older paisley, older than b/w paisley, don't see it too much! The black and white one you showed is pretty recent, maybe 2014? I don't know what it's called though.
I've only been here since 2015 and just started getting into RM maybe a year ago, but especially the last 6 months. They really do suck you in! I love the older bags, one reason is that I can have 4 of the same style but they all look so different because the leather gives the bag it's own look. My husband hasn't even noticed I have 5 bags in the same style. 5 MAMs, 4 MABs, 3 Nikkis and 2 Mini Nikkis. The leathers just give each one their own look and it's not just the colors. I love them, I love that I can find a nice OS bag for under 50.00 that still looks great today.

That older lining with the orange is the older paisley, older than b/w paisley, don't see it too much! The black and white one you showed is pretty recent, maybe 2014? I don't know what it's called though.
I've only been here since 2015 and just started getting into RM maybe a year ago, but especially the last 6 months. They really do suck you in! I love the older bags, one reason is that I can have 4 of the same style but they all look so different because the leather gives the bag it's own look. My husband hasn't even noticed I have 5 bags in the same style. 5 MAMs, 4 MABs, 3 Nikkis and 2 Mini Nikkis. The leathers just give each one their own look and it's not just the colors. I love them, I love that I can find a nice OS bag for under 50.00 that still looks great today.
Yes!! I feel the same way on all counts. I don't know what it is about these bags but they do suck you in!! I really love finding an OS bag in great condition. I got all mine for under $50 also (some for much much less when I hit the auction at the right time or made an offer) and the way I look at it is if it is in great condition, then it is the same as if I had bought it when it was new and now here I am a few years later with it. By doing this, one can have many of what were expensive bags to choose from and to last over the years versus spending that same amount of money on one new bag. I try to get ones whose style tends to transcend time, where with the rotation I may not have to buy any (or many) brand new bags into the future. Don't know how feasible that is, but it kind of excites me to have my own little store here now, lol! Like, I think the Nikki won't ever become dated, IMO. It's a great hobo, very stylish but not having momentary trend features. Whereas I think there are other brands whose older bags just look old. The RM don't seem to do that.

That is too funny about your husband not noticing! I find men don't tend to be as observant sometimes. I notice things like that with mine. I think women just have a different eye on things, one of the male/female differences where we balance each other out as a team.

Last edited:
Yes!! I feel the same way on all counts. I don't know what it is about these bags but they do suck you in!! I really love finding an OS bag in great condition. I got all mine for under $50 also (some for much much less when I hit the auction at the right time or made an offer) and the way I look at it is if it is in great condition, then it is the same as if I had bought it when it was new and now here I am a few years later with it. By doing this, one can have many of what were expensive bags to choose from and to last over the years versus spending that same amount of money on one new bag. I try to get ones whose style tends to transcend time, where with the rotation I may not have to buy any (or many) brand new bags into the future. Don't know how feasible that is, but it kind of excites me to have my own little store here now, lol! Like, I think the Nikki won't ever become dated, IMO. It's a great hobo, very stylish but not having momentary trend features. Whereas I think there are other brands whose older bags just look old. The RM don't seem to do that.

That is too funny about your husband not noticing! I find men don't tend to be as observant sometimes. I notice things like that with mine. I think women just have a different eye on things, one of the male/female differences where we balance each other out as a team.
Yes I agree, I think especially the Nikkis and MAMs/MABs really are timeless. And Iook at other brand's bags from 2007 to 2009 and they are not. (Although if Iove a bag I don't care if it looks dated or not)
The Morning Afters are very functional for me, I can get to my stuff without taking the bag off my shoulder which I love. I find the Nikkis very functional as well, I put all my stuff in pouches so nothing ever gets lost, and the interior organization is great.
Even though my husband doesn't usually notice what bags I have, for some reason he loves the fact that I love them and collect them. It's kind of funny. But I doubt he'd feel that way if I was paying 500.00 for every bag!

Yes I agree, I think especially the Nikkis and MAMs/MABs really are timeless. And Iook at other brand's bags from 2007 to 2009 and they are not. (Although if Iove a bag I don't care if it looks dated or not)
The Morning Afters are very functional for me, I can get to my stuff without taking the bag off my shoulder which I love. I find the Nikkis very functional as well, I put all my stuff in pouches so nothing ever gets lost, and the interior organization is great.
Even though my husband doesn't usually notice what bags I have, for some reason he loves the fact that I love them and collect them. It's kind of funny. But I doubt he'd feel that way if I was paying 500.00 for every bag!
So true! There's just something about her styles that live on. And the leathers on the old bags...you just can't beat that! I don't care about the dated part myself if I love it. I have some really old clothes that I'll never get rid of...love love love them and their style just looks good on me. Some things you just can't ever get or find again so I say if you love it, who cares. I see people wearing something that catches my eye that I like (bag or clothes), and I have no idea how old it is. They could have had it for years for all I know. If it works, it works.

My husband likes my bag acquisitions also. He thinks they're good deals (although he hasn't shopped the stores so he really doesn't have a reference on bags / prices, ha ha!). And yep, if I were paying full price on these he wouldn't be so enthusiastic. The other day when we went out, I said "today I'm taking the nikki" and he must have thought that was sweet as he looked so onboard with it all.

So true! There's just something about her styles that live on. And the leathers on the old bags...you just can't beat that! I don't care about the dated part myself if I love it. I have some really old clothes that I'll never get rid of...love love love them and their style just looks good on me. Some things you just can't ever get or find again so I say if you love it, who cares. I see people wearing something that catches my eye that I like (bag or clothes), and I have no idea how old it is. They could have had it for years for all I know. If it works, it works.

My husband likes my bag acquisitions also. He thinks they're good deals (although he hasn't shopped the stores so he really doesn't have a reference on bags / prices, ha ha!). And yep, if I were paying full price on these he wouldn't be so enthusiastic. The other day when we went out, I said "today I'm taking the nikki" and he must have thought that was sweet as he looked so onboard with it all.
My husband comes home and says "Did you get to have bag time today?" Because he knows that I have... Bag time.. Which makes me sound insane..
I have been LOVING this bag, it was I think 27.00 on ebay, the metallic is worn off in all the right places, I just think it looks so cool!
2019-10-24_12.29.01.jpg
The leather is a very deep black-I think it was called "Midnight", and it's great in the rain. I just don't have to worry about it at all. I don't think it's for everyone but it's very "me".
Plus I don't want to wear a bag that everyone else is wearing. And in my town that is either LV(real? fake? who knows?) MK, or the old signature Coaches.
I'm really having a lot of fun with these and so glad others are starting to collect these special bags.

My husband comes home and says "Did you get to have bag time today?" Because he knows that I have... Bag time.. Which makes me sound insane..
I have been LOVING this bag, it was I think 27.00 on ebay, the metallic is worn off in all the right places, I just think it looks so cool!
View attachment 4572858
The leather is a very deep black-I think it was called "Midnight", and it's great in the rain. I just don't have to worry about it at all. I don't think it's for everyone but it's very "me".
Plus I don't want to wear a bag that everyone else is wearing. And in my town that is either LV(real? fake? who knows?) MK, or the old signature Coaches.
I'm really having a lot of fun with these and so glad others are starting to collect these special bags.
LOL! (your husband's comment)

See I think that's a very cool looking bag. I always liked the interesting, unique and off-beat things rather than more prim or formal-type styles. I also like interesting rings too. I have this coat that is made of little loops (the printed patterns are in black, aqua, blue, etc.). I found it in a boutique a long time ago and I'm sure I'll never see another one like it anywhere. I always feel when something presents itself that's unique you need to grab it, because it just doesn't come around again. Your bag is like that. It has interest in spades! And finished tassels!!!! Those are harder to find on ebay, it seems.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the LV all over the place. I see it everywhere. I don't get so close up to tell if real or not on a lot of them, but I did see one the other day on a woman ahead of me in line that looked like the worst fake ever. I'll even see a group of women walking together and they're all carrying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shelby33
LOL! (your husband's comment)

See I think that's a very cool looking bag. I always liked the interesting, unique and off-beat things rather than more prim or formal-type styles. I also like interesting rings too. I have this coat that is made of little loops (the printed patterns are in black, aqua, blue, etc.). I found it in a boutique a long time ago and I'm sure I'll never see another one like it anywhere. I always feel when something presents itself that's unique you need to grab it, because it just doesn't come around again. Your bag is like that. It has interest in spades! And finished tassels!!!! Those are harder to find on ebay, it seems.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the LV all over the place. I see it everywhere. I don't get so close up to tell if real or not on a lot of them, but I did see one the other day on a woman ahead of me in line that looked like the worst fake ever. I'll even see a group of women walking together and they're all carrying it.
I'd love to see this coat!
And thanks for the comments about the bag, I didn't expect to love it this much.

I'd love to see this coat!
And thanks for the comments about the bag, I didn't expect to love it this much.
It's one crazy coat. All loops. I remember there also was one with black instead of the tan that I debated on, but the loop colors weren't as pretty...but I would have liked these loops with the black. It looks better on a person, the hanger isn't its best look. ;)

Edit: Took out the pics now since this is after all a purse forum.

Last edited:
It's one crazy coat. All loops. I remember there also was one with black instead of the tan that I debated on, but the loop colors weren't as pretty...but I would have liked these loops with the black. It looks better on a person, the hanger isn't its best look. ;)
OMG that coat is awesome!!! I'm gonna PM you so I don't talk about coats too much here but I got one that my daughter says is "out there" lol