How MANY Rebecca Minkoff bags do you own?

They were cute and I really do like the look, but I have other bags that are both sizes already that are better quality. I can say this for them:

The regular size Regan is bigger than I regularly need (but that's personal preference). Mine was the distressed leather and the leather quality was kind of bad on it. It was OK to look at, but you could tell by feeling it how thin it was. I bought mine on line so I couldn't check this before I got it. I use the shoulder straps on purses and I felt this one was very skinny for this size bag, as well at the attachments sewn on the side of the bag are very small. I was worried over time they would start to rip. But if you just use it as a satchel, that won't be a problem. It is a light bag though for the size and I really liked the whipstitch detail on the handles that are not on the micro. The front pocket on this bag also seemed kind of useless. My phone didn't even fit.

The micro Reagan I actually would recommend for a small crossbody. It fits a lot, more than a mini mac. I've been going back and forth about getting rid of it, and my main reason (if I go through with it) is that I have too much purse overlap in styles. The micro Regan has the same size strap and connectors as the large size, but it works on this size bag. Mine is also the distressed leather, but the quality on this one is way better than on the large size I received, proving it can be hit or miss with RM bags. The front pocket is rather useless on this one as well, but I can accept that more on such a small bag. It will fit things that are credit card sized, which is handy.

Sorry if that was long winded! Hope it's helpful.
interesting
I find most of the new RM bags don't have leather that's special
I saw one yesterday at a consignment store - I think it was morning after mini mini or something - small shoulder bag. That one had nice leather - almost like lamb. Of course it was an older bag

interesting
I find most of the new RM bags don't have leather that's special
I saw one yesterday at a consignment store - I think it was morning after mini mini or something - small shoulder bag. That one had nice leather - almost like lamb. Of course it was an older bag
No, the leather really isn't special. The ones I'm keeping for now are all older ones I bought used and defiantly have better leather and are more thought out in design.
The Midnight messenger I am keeping has nice smooth-grained leather for being one of her new bags. Maybe I lucked out there? If I get any more of her stuff, likely I'll just stick to gently used older ones.

There cute, but I just can't use all my bags at once and they are taking time away from ones I love more. It's almost stressing me out!

Exactly how I felt! I got carried away collecting them because they're sooooo cute then suddenly I had too many. :wtf::panic::nuts:

Timing with me discovering decluttering, and I decided to only keep that ones I really love. :heart:

I've got two. I have a Moto Satchel in the big size and then I really wanted to downsize so I got the Ring Shoulder Bag but it's almost too small. I can fit my wallet and phone inside. But that's all I need most of the time so it's fine. I'll just swap out to something else for the day if I need to carry more.

I own four :P
- Mini MAC - lilac
- Mini MAB - baby blue
- Perry - white croc embossed
- Moto Satchel - Grey

Really liked RM when I was younger (and getting into bags), but now I only buy investment pieces I want to keep for long term. Unfortunately, my RM bags have not aged too well :confused1:, so I probably would not buy any more RM bags. Still love the ones I own though. Wear them very frequently!

Reactions: OhHelloDoll
Love this! I have a couple more I've been debating getting rid of that you've inspired me to do so now. There cute, but I just can't use all my bags at once and they are taking time away from ones I love more. It's almost stressing me out! Plus...there are a couple other bags I have my eye on getting maybe next year that I couldn't justify if I keept everything.

Here is my list of everything I required like a crazy person in 4 months, and what I sold, kept, and plan to sell:
Mustard mini MAC - keep
Black basket weave mini MAB with yellow zipper track made in USA - keep
Grey Cupid - keep
Black mini midnight messenger - Haven't used yet! I'll keep (for now)
Black mini MAC - sold
Purple Regan - sold
Pink Love - sold
Putty grey micro Regan - going to sell
Graphite grey mini 4 zip camera bag - going to sell

I did this with Coach a couple years back. Bought so many, didn't use them, then sold the majority. You'd think I'd learn!

I’ve sold 2 more, the micro Regan and Cupid...for very little but it was freeing to get rid of them. I have the camera bag up now too. After that one goes that leaves me just with my mini MAC, mini MAB, and the still unused Midnight Messenger. I feel like now I have breathing room to keep and get things I LOVE instead of hang on to things I just think are CUTE.

Orange haze Nikki
Teal Nikki
Periwinkle mini Nikki
Violet Cupid
MAC pouch
Black Bailey hobo
The black Bailey, I don't know. It's a nice bag but the leather is crap compared to my other RMs. Thin and stiff, not soft at all. I like the older bags much more and will stick to buying those.

Reactions: andral5
Orange haze Nikki
Teal Nikki
Periwinkle mini Nikki
Violet Cupid
MAC pouch
Black Bailey hobo
The black Bailey, I don't know. It's a nice bag but the leather is crap compared to my other RMs. Thin and stiff, not soft at all. I like the older bags much more and will stick to buying those.
How you feel about your Bailey is how I felt about a Regan and Love I ended up selling. I kind of wish I kept my Love, but the leather made me sad. It was so plastic. If I find one at a good price, I wonder if it's worth giving another shot at the style.

Reactions: Shelby33
Updated RM collection:

Love Crossbody black with black hw
Love Crossbody black with silver hw
Mini Mac in raspberry silver hw
Mini Mac python black silver hw
Mini Mac almond with gold hw
Mini Mac blue with silver hw

Reactions: Shelby33
Updated RM collection:

Love Crossbody black with black hw
Love Crossbody black with silver hw
Mini Mac in raspberry silver hw
Mini Mac python black silver hw
Mini Mac almond with gold hw
Mini Mac blue with silver hw
How do you like the leather on your two Loves? Is one better than the other? One or both decent? Or meh?
I like the dark green one on the RM website, but don't want to be disappointed in the quality and I wonder if the first one I got was just a bad one. I don't have many stores around me that sell them, so I'm kind of stuck internet ordering.

I think they're both okay for the price. :smile: I've had two other love crossbodies in the past which were both okay as well.

Not sure why, but I notice the difference in quality in the Mini Macs. The newer ones have thinner leather.
Thanks for letting me know! I only have one mini Mac, but it’s from around 2014. I’ll keep that in mind too if I ever get the itch for more.

Reactions: Antigone
How you feel about your Bailey is how I felt about a Regan and Love I ended up selling. I kind of wish I kept my Love, but the leather made me sad. It was so plastic. If I find one at a good price, I wonder if it's worth giving another shot at the style.
Yeah, really like the style and it's great in the rain but the leather... Is sad. I agree, kind of plastic. Especially when compared to my OS bags, what a difference!

Reactions: OhHelloDoll