How many posts is too many?

Sometimes I'm like :wtf: when people have only been here for one month and have 1000 posts and I've been registered for over a year and have yet to hit 500!

I guess in life, I'm a listener more than a talker but it's hard to tell on a message board if someone is listening if they're not posting all the time. I also try to get the feel of each individual forum before posting there but even then I feel a little silly jumping in a thread if I have nothing to add. I don't think one can have too many posts, though. And if I had a job where I could post all day...I might have 10,000 posts by now.

Jeez...I thought I was bad. I went on vacation until recently and went through some serious withdrawals since I couldn't access the internet for most of the 3 weeks! I even had a note from tPF when I got back that I hadn't posted in awhile! I'm just over 100 though, so I guess it's not too bad. According to my husband, I'm on here 24/7...so much information to be learned! I LOVE this forum!

Jeez...I thought I was bad. I went on vacation until recently and went through some serious withdrawals since I couldn't access the internet for most of the 3 weeks! I even had a note from tPF when I got back that I hadn't posted in awhile! I'm just over 100 though, so I guess it's not too bad. According to my husband, I'm on here 24/7...so much information to be learned! I LOVE this forum!

I love it too!!!
I have read a lot and learned so much in ONLY a WEEK.
I ahve to say in my defense I am a freelancer who is currently not working. I assume when I am back to work I won't post as much...but for now its a fun hobby where I don't spend any money. And I get to chat with some great people.

I agree with other posters...I spend waaay more time reading than posting. And I too wonder what some people post when they have been here a little bit and have a high post count! :nuts:

But like it was mention before some of us are more readers while others are posters... lol

Welcome to tPF though, we all love it here.

p.s. Handbag girl, this forum has not been for me a hobbie that keeps me from spending money, it actually has been the complete oposite!! :sad: