How many pieces of clothing in your wardrobe?

Cullinan

Aug 10, 2012
Not including footwear or accessories or underwear, how many garments (eg tops, knitwear, bottoms, jeans, dresses, coats, jackets etc) do you have??

From the shopaholics on this Forum I bet some of you have hundreds of pieces!!!

I used to have over 200, but I lost a lot of weight due to being seriously ill and now, even with my wish list for the next seasons shopping added in I only have 50 pieces!

At least everything fits into my closet, which is great because my mum is a shopaholic and has overflowed from her wall to wall wardrobes of her own and filled up the other closet in my bedroom completely!!!

I bet if some of you shoppers did a stocktake you'd be surprised at how many pieces you've collected up!

Wow--I just counted and have exactly 50 pieces!

I do have a denim shirt on order. When it comes, if I decide to keep it, I will get rid of something. 50 is such a nice round number.

Wow--I just counted and have exactly 50 pieces!

I do have a denim shirt on order. When it comes, if I decide to keep it, I will get rid of something. 50 is such a nice round number.

That's exactly how I feel!!!

And if something wears out I replace it.

I'm so pleased to have found a friend who thinks like me!!!

That's exactly how I feel!!!

And if something wears out I replace it.

I'm so pleased to have found a friend who thinks like me!!!

I just read your article on wardrobe purging - I did that 2 years ago but now I'm down to a nice round number I'll only get rid of things that are worn out - its hard letting go of old friends!!!:smile:

Here you go!

2 blazers
2 sweaters
2 pairs of jeans
4 t-shirts
3 skirts
7 dresses
5 blouses and top
2 coats
1 jacket

28 items
We couldn't list accessories, which make my outfits, and I own a lot of that. I have 4 pairs of stockings.

Wow, that might even beat me, though it would be close :roflmfao:. I would not even think about counting at this point. I have enough close that I had to have a closet built :P.

Omg I'm so jealous!!!

50 is a nice round number, but it does mean I wear my favourite things out and have to replace them.

Do you think anybody has one thousand pieces???:smile:

Here you go!

2 blazers
2 sweaters
2 pairs of jeans
4 t-shirts
3 skirts
7 dresses
5 blouses and top
2 coats
1 jacket

28 items
We couldn't list accessories, which make my outfits, and I own a lot of that. I have 4 pairs of stockings.

In my 20s I was very minimalist and had a similar number - when I hit my thirties my wardrobe went crazy but I don't think my mum could keep up with the washing if I narrowed it down that far...

And there are always new things that I want...

Omg I'm so jealous!!!

50 is a nice round number, but it does mean I wear my favourite things out and have to replace them.

Do you think anybody has one thousand pieces???:smile:
I am sure there are ladies here that do. I know I have at least 50 DVF dresses alone. My closet is 202 sq. ft. and it is now overflowing. I am going to need to start going through my clothes and get rid of the things I am not going to wear. While 50 items wouldn't work for me I know that I have too much and need to get back to a manageable amount.

At least 150-200 and that doesn't even seem like very much to me.:shame:

EDIT: i just went to look in my closet, i think i was grossly underestimating my number of pieces LOL. I counted 50 summer dresses alone and that's not even half my summer wardrobe. My winter wardrobe is double my summer one(since we have long winters where i live) so i would say i have at least 300. You don't realize how much you really have until you actually go and count.

Last edited: