How many pairs of black boots/shoes??

Mar 8, 2006
So....I became a bit obsessed with finding an OTK pair of black boots for Fall. Finally did get some yesterday for a steal at Macy's. I was just browsing through other threads here, and saw a pair of Juicy OTK wedges. It tickled something in my memory....and I realized that I ALREADY HAVE a pair of OTK boots in leather. I completely forgot about them! Alot of my boots are in storage right now. This got me thinking about my black boots, and I realized that I have:
1. Black Tall Gucci patent boots with silver buckle
2. Black Prada nylon boots/small heel
3. Leather riding boots/ flat
4. Black suede OTK boots
5. Black leather slouchy boots
6. Black suede tall stiletto boots
7. Black Frye boots
8. Black Sergio Rossi stilletto boots/leather
9. Manolo rhinestone boots
10. Black leather OTK wedge boots
11. Back Chanel motorcycle boots

That seems like ALOT of black boots. I am in shock!!! And that is not even getting started on black shoes.....

Tell me I am not alone.......

Anne...it seems you suffer from an embarrassment of riches!! That sounds like an awesome collection of boots. I would like to say I have that many black boots, but I believe I only have 4 black boots.

1. Calf-height flat no brand boots that look like a cross between motorcyle boots and rebellious-style boots. These boots have taken me everywhere and I love them.
2. Suede wedge boots by Thierry Rabotin
3. Black stiletto style boots by Roberto del Carlo
4. Rupert Sanderson patent OTK flat boots that I just bought on Ebay and have not yet received.

I do have tons of black shoes...pumps, sandals, flats...it's the predominant color in my shoe wardrobe!

Pishi....I would like to see pics of those boots. They sound luscious!!

What is funny is that I always say that I don't like boots! SOme of those boots listed are many years old....but still....it is lots of boots.

I am afraid to get rid of any nice shoes because I think my daughters will one day want to wear them.

It is a bad habit of mine...I won't get rid of an of my nice designer things (purses, shoes, clothes), because I was to save them for my girls.

I totally hear you about holding onto things. I've gotten rid of a few pairs of shoes over the past year or so...but right now I'm concentrating on trying to rein in the impulse purchase.

Maybe you should start rotating your shoe collection through storage. That way even the old ones will get some use. Boots are so fabulous. I'm kind of bummed that we don't usually wear them year round.

I assume you want to see picts of the OTK Ruperts? They were shipped yesterday. I am really eager to try them on and hope they work. I will definitely post pictures! Today at yoga, when I was supposed to be letting all my mental stimulation go, I was instead thinking about combinations of clothing that would work with OTK boots!

^^^Pishi.....I think about things like that at al the wrong times also!!! I need to do something about my overwhelming shoe situation. I feel like they are everywhere. But they are all loved for various reasons...so I don't want to let any go!
I wrote in another thread about my OTK YSL boots that I must have gotten rid of at some point and am now kicking myself over!!! I miss those boots!!! I don't hang onto cheap items, but if it is designer...I generally hoard! Most of my designer items were bought second-hand anyway, so I know I couldn't rebuy any cheaper!

And...I wouldn't mind seeing pics of all of those boots! But definitely the new ones when they come, please!

will do...probably on the thread will all of my shoes. I think the Roberto del Carlo's are already on there. But I will post my "spy" boots as I call them, and the Ruperts when I get them!

Most of my shoes are black, but as far as black boots I've got:
Dior motorcycle boots
Vivienne Westwood Pirate Boots
Marc by Marc Jacobs Zippered Buckle Boots
Frye Harness Boots
Alexander Wang Creeper Boots
Chloe Sevigny x OC Open-toed buckle boots
Dr. Martens
Dr. Martens with flowers (I count those as being black since the flowers are on a black base)
Jeffery Campbell buckle boots

I don't think a person could have too many pairs of black shoes.

I love boots. I found that they are very comfortable and I boots most of the time. I am always in the quest to find more. So far I have:

* Black quilted Burberry tall boot
* Black patent Gucci hysteria tall boot
* Black stilleto Via Spiga tall boots
* Black suede Salvatore Ferragamo short boots
* Blue patent Lanvin Hiver tall boots---- dark blue almost look like black.
* Brown Borne tall boots
* Black Burberry studded rain boots

I am in the hunt to look for Chanel rider boots with zipper on the back.

I would say only 15% from my entire collection, not that many, because I just purge out 35 pairs of shoes out of my closet half to charity and half to my friends who happen to be in the same shoe size. Only 50+ pairs in my closet. So, I'm thinking of getting more from the new fall/winter collections, but I want to stay away from black, I probably get a couple more but not too many black.