How many of your friends?

fendigal

baguette collector
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Wilmington
I don't know anyone that really understands except on this Forum. I love my Kelly bag! I also like the others a lot too.

jag

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Michigan
They all universally think I am insane, yet each one of them comes to me for fashion/handbag advice! And most have no idea about this place- I want it all for myself!:lol: (and don't even get me started about what my DH thinks- he would have me committed if he could for blogging so much!)

ranskimmie

Jan 25, 2006
jag said:
They all universally think I am insane, yet each one of them comes to me for fashion/handbag advice! And most have no idea about this place- I want it all for myself!:lol: (and don't even get me started about what my DH thinks- he would have me committed if he could for blogging so much!)
DITTO!!!:Push:

wellow

In a bliss
Nov 10, 2005
My mom does.. and most of her friends.

A lot of my friends buys designer bag, but not Hermes though (only one or two).. Maybe it's because, Hermes is associated wil older women, like married ones.

I want Hermes as an investment though, rather than buying the "it" bags that seems to died down after a year... Hermes will be like a collector's piece.. I will still be able to use it 10 years down the road and it will still be chic.

Apr 18, 2006
No real-life friends, but many cyber-purse-friends! My mother and sister have their own Hermes bags but they definitely do not appreciate them as much as I do. My husband appreciates what owning Hermes entails, and therefore "approves". ;)

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
jag said:
I keep my purse obsession fairly quiet since my friends don't share this passion. They especially wouldn't understand my Birkin obsession, so I don't even talk about that (and that's why I love PF). Most of my friends' idea of an "expensive purse" is spending more than $500 on a bag. (Nowadays, I am afraid that $500 is now about my minimum!)

toonie

O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
None of my friends or family understand my love for expensive hand bags. I have been waiting for almost one year for a kelly or birkin.I love pf .I'm so glad I came across it ,while looking for bags!!!

sarahcantiik

Which bag to buy today?
Mar 27, 2006
My mom understands, altho sometimes I get that "whatever.." look on her face when she sees package after package arrives in our home.. My dad, I swear to god, don't let him find out how much my bags are really worth, I dont want to give him an early heart attack!

My friends, well, my cyber friends, fellow members in purse boards totally understand about my obsession, coz they are obsessed too, LOL

My real life friends, none of them are obsessed to my level. They like and own designer bags too, but so far, none of them have taken the plunge to spending over 3K on a piece of bag.
But, they understand that I'm crazy and beyond repair, so they just let me have it! :sick:

dianagrace

Seeking Simplicity
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
I think my sister sort of understands, she likes the Birkin, but she is not really into handbags and probably wouldn't spend that much money on one. My dad would pass out if he knew how much money I have spent on bags and would probably have a heart attack if he knew what I am willing to spend for the Kelly. My mom knows Hermes and has some scarves but she would never spend that kind of money on one bag. She doesn't understand why I would either.

My friends aren't all that in to fashion and would not recognize anything from Hermes except maybe a scarf and only because I wear them a lot. My best friend has one designer handbag, a black nylon Kate Spade that I gave her when I cleaned out my closet, other than that she only buys at outlet malls and never designer. It just isn't that important to her. But she knows I love fashion and listens to me even if she doesn't understand.

I am glad I have found this forum. Everyone here is so knowledgeable and kind. I love reading the threads and admiring all the new Kellys, Birkins, etc.

Apr 12, 2006
No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Out of all of my friends. only two of my friends and one of my cousins understand and appreciate my love for Hermes birkin and Kelly bags and other expensive bags as well. Most of my friends make comments about how much I spend on bags. IN fact, one friend of mine likes to tell anyone within earshot how much my bags cost and then launch into a discussion of how ridiculous it is that I spent that much. Needless to say she has never been allowed to go shopping with me again when I buy bags and I don't tell her how much they cost. That's why I love this forum so much. I can come here and talk to other divas about my love for the bags and not get ridiculed.:nuts:

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Finally a safe haven to talk about my little "hobby/obsession" (aka. Hermes). My immediate circle of friends don't understand and frankly I doubt if they ever will. They're far more into collecting the latest LV, Gucci (or in the mens' case European car export) I was never into that and adore "quiet luxury". However they're all familiar w/ the Hermes brand name and naturally birkins. So I keep my shopping quiet and luckily, I have a fairly tolerant DH. He sees the orange boxes and laughs whenever I beam a huge smile to him.

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Not one of my friends share my love of fine handbags....not one. If they knew how much I spend on them they would be shocked so I never say anything. Kinda sad but now I'm glad that I have you gals at TPF!