How many of you use a vitamin c serum?

Leelee, thanks for your response. I think that you have definately swayed me to try obagi and will have to put up with people staring at me b/c my face will be falling off for the first couple of weeks. If you get that other procedure done and it works wonders please do give me an update. Thanks again!

if ure looking for a Vit C serum that can help to lighten acne scars, you can try Fair Lady by HABA. It's an asian brand and has helped to lighten my scars a little bit(Its still my first week). Anyways..the smallest size bottle is abt 0.34oz and it costs ard $14 so even if it doesn't work, its not gonna hurt that much. Here's the US version of their webbie: HABA LABS USA INC. :: SKIN CARE :: SPECIAL SKIN CARE :: FAIR LADY

I just bought Dr Brandt "C" gel....ppffff 90 euros !!!
DR. BRANDT
it's difficult to find american skincare in France, like they don't have Murad or skinceuticals or dermalogica...
I read not so good reviews on makeupalley afterwards, but so far so good...
it's charged with silicons but the SA explained it 's needed to "do something" (can't remember what) with the vitamin C.
It makes a great primer for make up/foundation, and can replace your moisturizer during summer. But the silicons feel like putting some vegetal grease on your face !
Have some of you tried it ?? opinions ?

hi ladies, i m a guy and have hyper-pigmentation on my peri-oribital area and also toward the side of the face....i looks bad, to the point where my friends say, u got in a fight?? Is there a specific vit C serum that targets hyper-pigmentation.

I have a bottle in my medicine cabinet, but I must confess I rarely use it, if ever. Can anyone give tips on when and how to apply it?

In the AM I wash my face, exfoliate as needed, toner, and use a daily moisturizer with SPF and an eye cream, in the evenings I remove my makeup, wash my face, toner, and use a night treatment serum and moisturizer. How exactly would I work the C serum into this routine? Is it a daily use item? For reference I have somewhat dry skin and I avoid the sun like the plague. Thanks!

I'm 28 and I use two products combined and have been amazed at the results.
Philosophy:
1. When Hope is Not Enough Serum
2. Mix in Philosophy's vitamin c booster powder with above serum.

I love Cellex-C brand but I recently bought Ole Henrickson from Sephora and like it too. I use it in the morning before applying makeup. I use Retin-A at night (every other night). I honestly think that Vitamin C serum and Retin-A are the only two products out there that really do what they claim to do.

I did NOT like Obagi's vitamin C or When Hope is not Enough by Philosophy. I do not feel that they did anything for me.

I absolutely love Vivier Vitamin C serum. I have been using it for years and this product does not cause/clog your pores at all. The texture is intresting and the colour does not change that quickly. Vivier Vitamin C, 20% serum, 1oz last three months for me.
Hi there,

I was thinking to start using Vit C serum for my face and interesting to try
Vivier Vit C serum,where I can order it?
Thanks a lot :smile:

hi ladies, i m a guy and have hyper-pigmentation on my peri-oribital area and also toward the side of the face....i looks bad, to the point where my friends say, u got in a fight?? Is there a specific vit C serum that targets hyper-pigmentation.

Stanley2toronto, I know this was an old question and hopefully you have found something for your issue but if you haven't...Obagi Nu Derm will be life changing for you, look it up watch the youtube videos to see the success stories read the reviews, I did and went to a doctor in vaughan and got the kit and Im only 2 weeks into a 12 week program and already when i look in the mirror and I have to fight from crying because I can't believe I didn't try this years ago..I have a long ways to go with the treatment but acne scars are half reduced in size and almost invisible because the hyper pigmentation that was making them so noticeable is gone. There is so many other changes that i see happening, but thats the only one that relates to your question, its definitely a product that would work for you. :smile:

afcgirl said:
I love Cellex-C brand but I recently bought Ole Henrickson from Sephora and like it too. I use it in the morning before applying makeup. I use Retin-A at night (every other night). I honestly think that Vitamin C serum and Retin-A are the only two products out there that really do what they claim to do.

I did NOT like Obagi's vitamin C or When Hope is not Enough by Philosophy. I do not feel that they did anything for me.

Also agree vitamin c and tretinoin are the miracle products!!