How many of you use a vitamin c serum?

My skin is kinda sensitive and oily. I have been using SK-II Facial Treatment Repair C for about three months and its great. I haven't tried other brands but apparently other ones are sticky but this one is not. The only downside is the price... $100 for 30 mL, which is about 0.5 oz I think.

Jason Naturals Skin Toner Balancer (has vitamin c i believe) $20 a great buy for someone in their 20s.

You can check the reviews on makeupalley.com :smile:

I was considering using this line. Do you use any foundation now? Will it shrink pores and is it good for acne? I went to the website and it looks really good. Is it just for discoloration or does it reduce wrinkles as well? TIA

I am really impressed with Obagi Serum. I have the one called "Obagi-C Clarifying Serum". It says "Rx Only" on the bottle so I get it from my dermatologist. As for shrinking pores, I think it does! I also use other stuff too so I'm not sure how much to attribute to the serum. I use the Obagi toner and Obagi "Clear" which is a whitening agent. On top of all that I use MD Forte lotion and then Skinceuticals sunscreen. I don't use any foundation... just a little powder blush. I know this sounds boastful, but my skin is pretty and it used to be such a mess. It was horrible. But now people compliment me on my complexion.

As for reducing wrinkles and fine lines, I think the serum does do that too. It makes my face look overall healthy and smooth.

My acne is completely gone! Finally! I do attribute that to the serum and other products I use too. I think the serum enhances the effectiveness of the other things you put on your skin work better. Plus it contains vitamin C which I believe helps with acne.

Obagi has so many different products to choose from and from what I've heard from my dermatologist, she recommends them all. And I do recommend the ones I use! :yes:

Hey Leelee, I was thinking of using obagi, which as won rave reviews on the yes they're fake forum. However I tried using proactive, murad, and grape seed extract (which I disturbingly found that I am allergic to) but nothings seems to work. It's not that I have severe acne although I do have a lot of acne scarring on my forehead/ t zone. So really I am looking for something that will fade scars. Is obagi the one?
Thanks!

Hey Leelee, I was thinking of using obagi, which as won rave reviews on the yes they're fake forum. However I tried using proactive, murad, and grape seed extract (which I disturbingly found that I am allergic to) but nothings seems to work. It's not that I have severe acne although I do have a lot of acne scarring on my forehead/ t zone. So really I am looking for something that will fade scars. Is obagi the one?
Thanks!

Well, I do have old acne scars and the Obagi does seems to help them look almost non-existant. The "Clear" contains bleach and the Serum - C has hydriquione (sp?) and vitamin C and both of these are supposed to help with the skin discoloration within the scar. I think my scars may actually be still there, but you can't see them b/c the Obagi products have evened out my coloring so there's no more tell-tale red or brown-ness along with the scar. It does take a few weeks for the stuff to start working well, though. And the Serum - C is expensive, but I think worth it.:shame:

I hope this helps answer your question. :flowers:

Ironically, when I was at the dermatologist today, she told me about a new machine she's getting in the fall that will give a mini-facelift effect. She said it would absolutely take away the actual scars from my face and there would be no down time.:smile:

Leelee, thanks for your response. I think that you have definately swayed me to try obagi and will have to put up with people staring at me b/c my face will be falling off for the first couple of weeks. If you get that other procedure done and it works wonders please do give me an update. Thanks again!