How many of you use a vitamin c serum?

chigirl said:
I started out with skinceuticals, then moved to Vivier and now use PSF.

check out this thread for info:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12781

to read additional pages, i think you will have to register.

Is PSF on the Vivier product page? I just checked the Essential Day Spa website and I'm unclear which exact product you recommend. Do have have the link to the PSF? TIA.

chigirl said:
I started out with skinceuticals, then moved to Vivier and now use PSF.

check out this thread for info:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12781

to read additional pages, i think you will have to register.

Is PSF on the Vivier product page? I just checked the Essential Day Spa website and I'm unclear which exact product you recommend. Do have have the link to the PSF? TIA.

chigirl said:
Yup. Lots of people love it. I got a sample of this stuff but prefer the psf and vivier for the texture (or the "slip" as mabsy describes it).

To reiterate chigirl, you recommend starting with the 10% and the PSF brand versus the Vivier or Cellular Skin RX C + Firming Serum for a first time user?

p.s.
I have a tendency towards redness dues to the Northern European genes.

layla said:
To reiterate chigirl, you recommend starting with the 10% and the PSF brand versus the Vivier or Cellular Skin RX C + Firming Serum for a first time user?

p.s.
I have a tendency towards redness dues to the Northern European genes.

Definitely start with 10% to see how your skin reacts. As for brand, I like Vivier or PSF but my skin is combination dry/normal. People like Cellular Skin Rx, Skinceuticals and Cellex C but I found that they dried out my skin.

Regardless of the brand, you definitely want the C to be in a serum because it has to be stable. You also need to keep it at a good temp and sealed well because it will oxidize quickly. To get the best information, I would check out that thread I linked to above from essential day spa. Those guys know their stuff, especially when it comes to Vitamin C.

Finally - for a really great product but a bit more costly, I would try Skinceuticals C with ferulic acid. That is supposed to be amazing.

I have a discount code for skinstore.com, they have some brands but not PSF or Vivier. Maybe just Murad and Skinceuticals. Let me know where you order from!

chigirl said:
Definitely start with 10% to see how your skin reacts. As for brand, I like Vivier or PSF but my skin is combination dry/normal. People like Cellular Skin Rx, Skinceuticals and Cellex C but I found that they dried out my skin.

Regardless of the brand, you definitely want the C to be in a serum because it has to be stable. You also need to keep it at a good temp and sealed well because it will oxidize quickly. To get the best information, I would check out that thread I linked to above from essential day spa. Those guys know their stuff, especially when it comes to Vitamin C.

Finally - for a really great product but a bit more costly, I would try Skinceuticals C with ferulic acid. That is supposed to be amazing.

I have a discount code for skinstore.com, they have some brands but not PSF or Vivier. Maybe just Murad and Skinceuticals. Let me know where you order from!

Thank you for your reply and the detailed information too, it's appreciated.

I'll let you know when I decide where and what product to purchase and meanwhile I'll read the Essential Day Spa link you provided more in depth to ascertain which one would be best for my skin type and research ferulic acid. Thanks again chigirl! :flowers:

chigirl said:
Yup. Lots of people love it. I got a sample of this stuff but prefer the psf and vivier for the texture (or the "slip" as mabsy describes it).

I stopped using vit C for almost a year now because I didn't see any obvious results. But I am contemplating to start using it again because my skin just looks dull and I have those little breakouts (not quite pimples/acnes) that I had never had in my whole life, not even teenage years. I might give the psf one, so you found it more absorbing than the CSRx, chigirl? Shipping is a lot from psf though.

KK said:
I stopped using vit C for almost a year now because I didn't see any obvious results. But I am contemplating to start using it again because my skin just looks dull and I have those little breakouts (not quite pimples/acnes) that I had never had in my whole life, not even teenage years. I might give the psf one, so you found it more absorbing than the CSRx, chigirl? Shipping is a lot from psf though.

yep. i prefer the PSF. again, i would read the info on the essential day spa forum. there are other reviews beside just the thread i posted the link to so maybe you will find the CSRx is just as good for your type of skin. also, as it is summer, maybe CSRx will be ok. i tend to switch my skincare products depending on the season.