How many of you have received CS when making a return at the boutique?

Only once have I had a bad experience with an SA, and it was on a return. It was at the Roseville Galleria in Roseville, CA (don't go there!). They treated me horribly.

Now, I've exchanged and made a couple of returns at my local boutique and they are fabulous. I recently returned a couple of outlet purchases to the boutique, one of them being a purse that I didn't realized had a mark on it (white patent leather tote and it seemed as if the mark was under the shiny coating - very weird). Anyhow, one of the SA's was so excited because she had been wanting that bag and here it was at outlet price (& it was CHEAP!) plus she'd get her discount. So, not only were they nice, she thanked me because she was going to buy it!

That's surprising because I get the best service at the Roseville boutique. I returned some PCE items last week and they were as nice as can be. On the other hand, when I've returned items to the Arden(Sacramento) store, they act like I'm trying to scam them. I brought in 2 bags with tags and reciepts for return a few months ago, and after the SA tore through my bags looking for signs of wear, even turning them out and shaking them, she got her manager to come out and do the same. So when I got my refund and they asked if I'd like to purchase anything that day, I said that I would be getting several things, but at the Roseville store where they know what customer service is. I know that was a snotty remark, but I was steamed:mad:

I've had some horrible experiences at my boutique. They are so incredibly rude to me every time I go in. Which is why I order from other stores and only step foot in there when I have to return something. Had they actually helped me instead of just standing around ignoring me I wouldn't have had to call halfway across the country to order something but no, they just blew me off. I think they blow lots of people off because that store is constantly empty and considering the crazy amount of luxury vehicles I see rollin' around in this town, that store should be packed.

On a side note:

When I go to the outlet, the SA's are so insanely nice I feel like they're all friends. You walk in there and if it's not busy, which is rare, you can end up spending hours just talking about bags. It's sad really. I believe that may be why items are hitting the outlets earlier because some of the boutiques are not moving merchandise the way it was expected to move. Thats Coach's fault. They really should secret shop those stores that are not meeting expectations, I'm sure they'll find that the stores have rude staff.

Also, when I go into the boutique I'm never dressed up, because I don't have to be. There's no reason for me to go slap on some insane clothing just because I want reasonable customer service. I swear it never fails, the person who is the most dressed down will walk in a store and drop an insane amount of money. When I worked at a home items store in college this "dude" walked in wearing shorts a tshirt and flipflops, none of the other SA's walked up to him and asked him if he needed anything, but I did! He dropped 3k in a total of 15 minutes! Those haggish women I worked with told me that I had to add one of the to the ringup because I was new and well that would end up meeting 3 peoples "goals" for the day. I refused. I said, no, none of yall wanted to help him, I came from the back and he was just shoppin' solo while yall watched him walk back and forth in front of you and you just kept talking like he wasn't there. I quit that job a week later.

sorry that was so long, but I am really sick of the way people treat each other just because they have some preconceived notions about who a person is just by how they look or if they return an item or how much they buy. THEY ARE USUALLY WRONG! As a matter of fact, I still talk to that "dude." He wrote me a wonderful recommendation because that dude happened to be a "big deal." Ha!

Addendum: the last time I went I to the boutique I took backup. I took a friend who's a little bit older than me and has an "air" about her. When I told them I wanted to return the bag because it was freakin' huge they started in with well where's the receipt, when did you buy this, blah blah blah, and she just walked over to the counter and said, "she got that bag in the mail today, it's still got the stuffing in it, we have other places to go so you need to move this process along." All of a sudden the questions stopped and they did the return with speed and efficiency and I left because although I wanted another bag to replace that bag I was kinda angry that I had to take someone who has an authoritative tone with me to get treated like a person.
Amen to that!

At my outlet and boutique if they see a return they always grab it at the door like they are afraid you will put something in the bag and walk out with it. They do not give you time to get to the register to do the return. I have made several returns, but always, nwt and I feel this is why they are rude to me. I don't think they like people who return. I asked about the PCE extension and they said 'yes' and I told them that they had kept my card (that a wonderful tpfer had given me. did not tell them this part) the last time I was in so I do not have it. They told me it was for a one time purchase and I said that they let me keep it the last time for that I could use it again when the new store opened with the new floorset. So I told them that I would just go to another boutique to get the discount.

At my outlet and boutique if they see a return they always grab it at the door like they are afraid you will put something in the bag and walk out with it. They do not give you time to get to the register to do the return. I have made several returns, but always, nwt and I feel this is why they are rude to me. I don't think they like people who return. I asked about the PCE extension and they said 'yes' and I told them that they had kept my card (that a wonderful tpfer had given me. did not tell them this part) the last time I was in so I do not have it. They told me it was for a one time purchase and I said that they let me keep it the last time for that I could use it again when the new store opened with the new floorset. So I told them that I would just go to another boutique to get the discount.

I totally agree! As a matter of fact, I went into a local boutique last night to return a cosmetic case. Right when I walked into the door I walked towards the back when they stopped me and asked me, "can I help you?". I told one of the gals that I had a return and handed her the bag and receipt. She gave me a strange look when she saw the bag, and was like "wow I haven't seen this case in ages." (I had ordered the case during PCE and it was a much older line) Oh yes, like I bought it on eBay and was trying to scam them or something! I didn't put much thought into it last night when I left the store, but now reading this thread I am steamed! Yes, I've worked in retail many of times but I've never shown that amount of disrespect to a customer before!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent ladies!

I always feel like I have to dress up, put on make-up, and carry my most expensive bag when I go into the boutique. Why do we feel intimidated by the Coach SA's? I have a master's degree, own a 4000 square foot house (with no mortgage), and have an 815 credit score! Why the h**l do I feel like I have to impress a SA who is going to sell me a handbag?

You are right about the outlets. I can only go when I am on vacation at the beach...outlets are too far away. I go in there in cheer shorts, flip flops, no make up, hair in ponytail and get treated like royalty.

I made a return today & had 3 SAs checking out the returns, hovering around the SA that was ringing up the credit. I couldn't believe it! Plus, there was a bag I was trying on in the mirror and I could see 3 SAs watching me in the mirror! I couldn't believe the way they were actually STARING! I paid good money for my purchases & if I want to return something to a store that has an open ended return policy, with the tags, never used, had the receipt...then what's the big deal? They constantly tell you to buy things if you can't decide, tell you that you can return at any time, then they somewhat try to intimidate you when you try to make the return? :wtf:

Hello, it's not like they are any better than anyone else, so what gives? I just don't understand why so many of us have had the same type of experience & they are supposed to be known for their CS! It's poor manners, poor customer service, and very unprofessional! If I didn't love Coach so much, it would have made me feel like I didn't want to shop there anymore. There are a couple of other stores I'm boycotting for the same reason...I'm feeling like Nordstrom's is the only truly professional store anymore! :yes:

To repeat what some said earlier, there is no excuse for bad customer service, period. If someone is a re-seller or just likes to buy lots of bags, what business is it of the SA or the store what you do with the bags after you buy them. This is exactly why we almost never shop at the boutiques, more often than not, their service is terrible. Now when we go to the outlet, it's a whole different story. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, which is why we are there at least once a week(sometimes more often than that). I don't know why there is such a difference in the CS between the outlet and the boutique. It's a shame because it seems like they're driving their customers away, and Coach doesn't really seem to care...

A customer is a customer, and should be treated the same way as any other! Honestly, why do they care about returns? It's not taking away anything from the SAs. And if it's the trouble then 1) GET OUT OF RETAIL or 2) Stop standing around like a little clique, because you're wasting time doing that & causing trouble! :rant:

I really am having a hard time understanding their CS because really, people make returns to stores all of the time. And even if I make a return, I usually buy something when I'm there anyway! Why take the chance in upsetting a customer just because they change their mind? Plus, why do the SAs care if something's returned if they're not on commission? :confused1:

I received my first PCE card this week, and I'm hesitant to use it based on the service I've gotten at the two Scottsdale stores. Absolutely snotty. I have two children and I'm a SAHM, so I mostly wear capris to shop. That doesn't mean that I'm not willing to drop a lot of cash on a bag.

I had a similar experience in the Gucci store out here. I couldn't get any help, when finally a really great SA came up to me and offered her assistance. I was shopping for my mom's Christmas present from my dad, and I had an unlimited budget. Too bad the other SAs didn't bother to find that out.