How many of you have received CS when making a return at the boutique?

I have never had a bad experience at Coach... outlet or boutique.

I've been in about 3 different Coach stores (I go to each a few times a year) and I go to at least one outlet a year... and never had a bad experience.

I've even returned-- and the SA asked me what I wasn't happy about and was able to help me find something else that would suit my needs. (Bag I purchased was too small, but I loved the style and color... so we found something similar)

I can't imagine ever being treated poorly in a Coach store.

I've made exchanges at boutiques, and sometimes I get the attitude, but it seems to only occur in the flagship boutique. The small ones are very sweet.

I only returned to the outlets twice, but both times there was a very strong "feeling" in the air. It does make me uncomfortable, but I won't let it effect my buying and returning habits. It's manipulative, and I won't be manipulated!

grrr I HATE bad customer service. There is NEVER an excuse for it!! I'm so sorry to hear all these stories about it.

PyAri, Of COURSE you're obviously going to return a couple of things when you buy so much at the same time, and you obviously are NOT a reseller. It's ridiculous that they treated you this way.

This sort of things just really peeves me because not only does it hurt the customer, it makes it harder for the good SA's because people start to think automatically that they'll be rude too.

It's also ridiculous for someone just "browsing" to get poor customer service.
When you shop the boutique, you should get boutique service, whether you have a return, buy a key fob, just browse, want a catalog or drop a lot of $$ on 15 new bags. It shouldn't matter.

AMEN!!

As for CS, I've been pretty lucky too. The first time I ever went in a COACH store the lady I got was so friendly. She smiled and laughed a lot too which made me feel more at ease.

I find it so odd that they always encourage you to buy if you're hesitant, saying you can always return it with no problem. Then you try to return it & they have an attitude? What's up with that? I haven't had a problem personally, but it sounds as if several posters have. With the customer service variances and the huge PCE differences in what can be ordered by who & when...I'm starting to wonder if there's been some type of management change at Coach? :confused1: How can there be such a range in customer service & knowledge base? I thought they were known for their exceptional customer service?

I just thought of something else. We have a new boutique in our local mall. I stopped in the other day while I was at the Mall because I havent been in there yet. Well, I like my regular boutique better! LOL The SA's weren't that busy, but most of them ignored me. They were unfriendly and not super helpful.

The other boutique I experienced rudeness was also a Mall boutique. I wonder if it has something to do with that. That a Mall boutique is more likely to draw a different applicant pool than a non-Mall boutique. Does that make sense?

I can feel my jaw tightening and my neck getting stiff . . . They do have the right to refuse service to anyone and they have their policies, but I would verbally comment on their attitude. Is something wrong? Am I misunderstanding something?

Of course they want you to purchase even if you hesitate. There is something in for the SA to sell merchandise even if they don't work on commission, retail is sales! Ulimately if that store isn't selling it closes.

Jeez, this makes me really nervous. I was thinking about returning my leather ergo hobo in white and buying it at the outlet(it's $50 cheaper!). I only used it once so far and I don't know if it even counts because I just went grocery shopping. :shrugs:AND mine didn't have a tag on it or inside the bag. Which really makes me worried because I think it might have been a return. It was the last one in the boutique but I really, really wanted it. I did just notice the other day that there was a mark on the lower righthand corner of the pocket(I think it's pen) hmm, should I return it or should I just keep it? I don't want to have 20 questions played on me if I go and try to return it. I only go to 2 different boutiques and they are usually pretty good, but I think they might be sick of me by now. (I have been in about 5 times this week, I spent way too much!) I just don't know.

I've had some horrible experiences at my boutique. They are so incredibly rude to me every time I go in. Which is why I order from other stores and only step foot in there when I have to return something. Had they actually helped me instead of just standing around ignoring me I wouldn't have had to call halfway across the country to order something but no, they just blew me off. I think they blow lots of people off because that store is constantly empty and considering the crazy amount of luxury vehicles I see rollin' around in this town, that store should be packed.

On a side note:

When I go to the outlet, the SA's are so insanely nice I feel like they're all friends. You walk in there and if it's not busy, which is rare, you can end up spending hours just talking about bags. It's sad really. I believe that may be why items are hitting the outlets earlier because some of the boutiques are not moving merchandise the way it was expected to move. Thats Coach's fault. They really should secret shop those stores that are not meeting expectations, I'm sure they'll find that the stores have rude staff.

Also, when I go into the boutique I'm never dressed up, because I don't have to be. There's no reason for me to go slap on some insane clothing just because I want reasonable customer service. I swear it never fails, the person who is the most dressed down will walk in a store and drop an insane amount of money. When I worked at a home items store in college this "dude" walked in wearing shorts a tshirt and flipflops, none of the other SA's walked up to him and asked him if he needed anything, but I did! He dropped 3k in a total of 15 minutes! Those haggish women I worked with told me that I had to add one of the to the ringup because I was new and well that would end up meeting 3 peoples "goals" for the day. I refused. I said, no, none of yall wanted to help him, I came from the back and he was just shoppin' solo while yall watched him walk back and forth in front of you and you just kept talking like he wasn't there. I quit that job a week later.

sorry that was so long, but I am really sick of the way people treat each other just because they have some preconceived notions about who a person is just by how they look or if they return an item or how much they buy. THEY ARE USUALLY WRONG! As a matter of fact, I still talk to that "dude." He wrote me a wonderful recommendation because that dude happened to be a "big deal." Ha!

Addendum: the last time I went I to the boutique I took backup. I took a friend who's a little bit older than me and has an "air" about her. When I told them I wanted to return the bag because it was freakin' huge they started in with well where's the receipt, when did you buy this, blah blah blah, and she just walked over to the counter and said, "she got that bag in the mail today, it's still got the stuffing in it, we have other places to go so you need to move this process along." All of a sudden the questions stopped and they did the return with speed and efficiency and I left because although I wanted another bag to replace that bag I was kinda angry that I had to take someone who has an authoritative tone with me to get treated like a person.

I've had some horrible experiences at my boutique. They are so incredibly rude to me every time I go in. Which is why I order from other stores and only step foot in there when I have to return something. Had they actually helped me instead of just standing around ignoring me I wouldn't have had to call halfway across the country to order something but no, they just blew me off. I think they blow lots of people off because that store is constantly empty and considering the crazy amount of luxury vehicles I see rollin' around in this town, that store should be packed.

On a side note:

When I go to the outlet, the SA's are so insanely nice I feel like they're all friends. You walk in there and if it's not busy, which is rare, you can end up spending hours just talking about bags. It's sad really. I believe that may be why items are hitting the outlets earlier because some of the boutiques are not moving merchandise the way it was expected to move. Thats Coach's fault. They really should secret shop those stores that are not meeting expectations, I'm sure they'll find that the stores have rude staff.

Also, when I go into the boutique I'm never dressed up, because I don't have to be. There's no reason for me to go slap on some insane clothing just because I want reasonable customer service. I swear it never fails, the person who is the most dressed down will walk in a store and drop an insane amount of money. When I worked at a home items store in college this "dude" walked in wearing shorts a tshirt and flipflops, none of the other SA's walked up to him and asked him if he needed anything, but I did! He dropped 3k in a total of 15 minutes! Those haggish women I worked with told me that I had to add one of the to the ringup because I was new and well that would end up meeting 3 peoples "goals" for the day. I refused. I said, no, none of yall wanted to help him, I came from the back and he was just shoppin' solo while yall watched him walk back and forth in front of you and you just kept talking like he wasn't there. I quit that job a week later.

sorry that was so long, but I am really sick of the way people treat each other just because they have some preconceived notions about who a person is just by how they look or if they return an item or how much they buy. THEY ARE USUALLY WRONG! As a matter of fact, I still talk to that "dude." He wrote me a wonderful recommendation because that dude happened to be a "big deal." Ha!

AMEN, SISTER!!!

I've taken care of some pretty skeezy looking people at work and it turns out those are some of the sweetest people...and the tips they give me are some of the largest I've ever gotten! The richy ones always seem to give me the bare minimum if anything at all! I never discriminate based upon how somebody is dressed though. I just think about when I'm having a down day and don't feel like getting dressed up..why should those people be any different?

AMEN, SISTER!!!

I've taken care of some pretty skeezy looking people at work and it turns out those are some of the sweetest people...and the tips they give me are some of the largest I've ever gotten! The richy ones always seem to give me the bare minimum if anything at all! I never discriminate based upon how somebody is dressed though. I just think about when I'm having a down day and don't feel like getting dressed up..why should those people be any different?

Exactly! When I was little I used to "hang out" out with this 80 something year old lady. She was extremely wealthy and well I was just fun so she would tell me these stories about how to be a lady and she always said, "if you walk in a room filled with people, the richest person in there is one you are the least likely to notice. Why? Because if you notice them then they aren't doing a very good job of keeping their money."

On a side note:

Addendum: the last time I went I to the boutique I took backup. I took a friend who's a little bit older than me and has an "air" about her. When I told them I wanted to return the bag because it was freakin' huge they started in with well where's the receipt, when did you buy this, blah blah blah, and she just walked over to the counter and said, "she got that bag in the mail today, it's still got the stuffing in it, we have other places to go so you need to move this process along." All of a sudden the questions stopped and they did the return with speed and efficiency and I left because although I wanted another bag to replace that bag I was kinda angry that I had to take someone who has an authoritative tone with me to get treated like a person.
What a shame. Some of these Coach stores have no clue!
I can totally relate to your post. I get great service at the outlet and totally snotty rude service at the boutique.
And it's so true about pre-judging customers. You never know who you are dealing with.