How many of you have bought Chanel bag on ebay before?

I purchased a fake on Ebay and was very lucky that the seller immediately refunded me. Otherwise, I would have had to bring the bag to Chanel and get it authenticated, The bag was made of vinyl and it was supposed to be made of leather. Not sure how the seller didn't notice. Now I am very weary of Ebay. Just purchased a fake Blumarine dress this summer and Ebay didn't help me whatsoever. I now own a fake dress.
On the other hand, I frequently sell my old Chanel bags on Ebay, and they are all real as I normally purchase everything from Chanel or Neiman Marcus and can provide receipts.

when your order arrives, video record the unwrapping, as there are some horror stories when a seller sent an empty package and got a delivery confirmation; sounds crazy but might help (my friend did it with her cellphone, from the mailman to opening the package)

anyhoo, it has not happened to me yet; i bought my vintage jumbo xl from a reputable japanese reseller; there is a sticky of these guys, hth

and yes, ebay and paypal protection, like the others said, will help u from fraud

I have bought and sold on ebay fortunately with no problems. I always get the bags authenticated here and make sure the seller has extensive feedback for similar items. There are vintage bags and seasonal bags that you just can't buy other than on ebay, other auction sites, or consignment stores. Good luck!

Jennifer

I bought 2 on Ebay - red patent chevron jumbo and 07 crinkly metallic m/l flap. The experiences were positive. I make sure to buy from reputable sellers as I have heard too many horror stories.

I had 4 vintage purchased off ebay from reputable sellers. All very good experience. Had them authenticated here and everything turned out fantastic. I agree with Lipgloss. I will ensure that they are reputable sellers . Too much hassle when things go wrong. Well , I once bought from BG and had an unhappy experience too.

Well , I once bought from BG and had an unhappy experience too.
I also had bad experiences ordering from Harrods and Ann's Fabulous Finds.

For the former, I got the wrong size because I didn't know medium is different in US and UK, although I had specified the item size code A0112. The exchange/return process was too much of a hassle. She refused to take responsibility of the miscommunication and eventually I sold it locally at a loss. :hrmm:

For the latter, she didn't show pictures of the 2 rather dark and noticeable stains on the bottom corners of the pink flap. She claimed it was in mint condition, but the 2 dark stains were definitely obvious and not shown in the pictures of the sale.

I just did. Bought from a Japanese reseller with plenty of experience selling Chanel bags and other stuff. Very happy with the service...the bag came more beautiful than the photos online. And the model is a vintage that is no longer available but looked stunning by itself and on me! I would usually have my bags authenticated, but I trusted the seller and my judgment enough to push the BIN button and thankfully everything went great.

The only less than positive thing is that it desn't come with a dustbag or box and I'm wondering where to get one.

Reputable sellers are normally the ebay consignment shops.. but what about the personal sellers.. small time, selling their stuffs - a few pairs of shoes, dresses, a bag.. and have bought a few items on ebay here and there.. how do you judge that? Sigh...!

I bought 5 on eBay (+2 more completed off eBay with reputable reseller/tPFer to save eBay fee). The first one I ever bought was from a seller who had zero +ve as a seller as that was the first time he ever sold on eBay. He even modelled the bag himself in his suit with a big tummy! I just thought if he's selling fake, he would not have had such a sense of humour to sell the bag that way. After all, everybody has to start from zero. I was very lucky that the bag was indeed authentic in great condition.

Last edited:
^ Wow! That's inspiring! : D I'm going to take the plunge and hope all will go well.. found the bag of my dreams and I think the seller is a decent person and very co-operative, no excuses at all. So, fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Geez, I'm so nervous!

^ Chanel does have special events where you can do that. Some of the ladies on here have special ordered. However, your options are kinda limited. Do a search, you'll see what they purchased.

OK. Just purchased my first Chanel on eBay, pre-owned (authenticated by one of the lovely ladies here, of course.) This is something I'd never done before - I'd never bought a bag online, let alone a pre-owned bag! But I'd never bought a bag that retails for more than $3K either. I'd been vaguely against the idea of it for a long time, but it was a great deal so I took the plunge. Now I'm happy and nervous at the same time and I can't even figure out why. The nervous part, obviously. I'm not worried that it's not authentic (one of the recommended sellers here, authenticated as well) and I'm not worried about its apparently used condition (considering how clumsy I am, a brand new bag would look pretty used within months, not one of the girls who can keep a pristine bag.) I'm guessing it's simply because it's something I'd never done. I keep telling myself now I can get myself another bag (thinking Chanel GST or another LV... hehe) or a colorful WOC with my original budget for a new bag. Right? Right?

So I wanna hear from the ladies who do this a lot! Please post if you have bought something pre-loved online and came away happy with the experience, especially multiple times :smile:
I would LOVE to hear everyone's experience!