How many of you dont knwo how to change a tire??

QueenOfDa702

Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Ok, my MIL has a flat tire and my SO is on the way to go change it for her.
This posed the question for me, how come she doesnt know how to change her own tire:confused1:.
My SO shouldnt have to travel all the way across town to do this for her.
Its not that she doesnt want to, its that she really doesnt know HOW to.
I have honestly never heard of somebody not knowing how to change a tire. Sure its not the funnest or cleanest thing to do, and I wouldnt WANT to do it by any means...but when you are alone, on the road you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
My Mom always told me, dont drive the car if you dont know how to take care of it or dont know what to do incase of an emergency.

Im honestly just curious. Does anyone here NOT know how to change a tire?

I know how *I* change a tire. I call AAA and they show up pretty quickly.

How do *they* change a tire? I have no idea. LOL

(Actually to be honest, I do know how, I just won't do it)

I know how *I* change a tire. I call AAA and they show up pretty quickly.

How do *they* change a tire? I have no idea. LOL

(Actually to be honest, I do know how, I just won't do it)

You took the words right out of my mouth! lol.....

I know how to change a tire, change my oil, air filter, oil filter,etc...I did it all on my own when I was younger....doesn't mean I ever would anymore...lol. the 19.99 or 29.99 a year AAA charges is well worth it!

if i HAD to i mean HAD to there was no other choice i think i could figure it out from watching my boyfriend change tires....but i would call someone or AAA to fix it for me!

i wouldnt know where to start.
i have road side assistance membership if anything like that happened.

Me too! I have no idea how to change a tire... but I'm a member of BCAA.

However, now that I have flat tires, I don't have a spare anyway... so I just waddle my way to the nearest dealership whenever I can.

Wow. I guess I really am in the minority. I would rather just do it myself, and get about my business. Rather then sitting and waiting for someone to come help.
I guess my SO just put it in perspective when I asked "Why cant your Mom change her own tire?" he said "Val, you're the only female who would want to change it yourself rather than wait for someone" lmao.
I guess hes right.

While I think it's pretty easy to do as a male, I wouldn't really want Megs to change her own tire. Messing with a heavy vehicle and cranking the jack is no fun.

I have no idea how to change a tire. I don't care to learn either. My car has "On-Star" assistance so the one time I did get a flat, I pushed the emergency button and within 30 minutes a person came to do it for me.