HOw many of you didnt pay tax by shipping your birkin to another state?

All seven Birkins and other H merchandise were delivered to a nearby tax free state, savings equal another Birkin...almost anyway. H Boutique don't have a problem with that. Mrs. PP just hates to wait...had to chase that Fedex guy a couple of times, once in a blizzard! Embarrassed to admit: penny-wise, pound foolish!

^LOL! I would do it to, if I knew anyone in a nearby state who could ship it back for me! I choose not to send it to relatives in tax free states because their lectures would be more costly mentally than just paying the tax!

Reactions: peonies13
^LOL! I would do it to, if I knew anyone in a nearby state who could ship it back for me! I choose not to send it to relatives in tax free states because their lectures would be more costly mentally than just paying the tax!

so true... but my cousins are cool however...they don't even ask what's in those boxes as I know they'd die if they ever found out how much we paid and how much we saved! LOL!

This is good to know but you would have to know friends or relatives in a tax free state in order for the shipment to be sent. I just know that even with the Seattle H store opening, ordering from Hermes.com is still tax free. So do the math and if the UPS shipping cost is less than your home state sales tax, it may be worth the wait but your SA may not like it though.

(Just don't tell her !!)

How do you guys go about in doing this? Do you guys just casually ask the SA if they would be willing to ship it to another state in order to avoid the sales tax? Or are they SAs that you have an ongoing relationship with?

Thanks Mr. PP - you've have started some really interesting threads recently. I love how supportive of your wife's H collection you are - she is very lucky to have you :biggrin:

Don't be shy of telling them where you want it sent to save taxes...we have done this for years when making major purchases: fur coats, rolexes, etc. Almost a common practice, specially with some states with 8.5% or more tin taxes...as long as you have an address.

I used to be able to have NY and other stores send to my house tax-free, because my store was not a company store. Now it is, and I just bite the bullet and pay (I find it better to follow the rules).

I used to be able to have NY and other stores send to my house tax-free, because my store was not a company store. Now it is, and I just bite the bullet and pay (I find it better to follow the rules).

Haha lulilu...by the time I realized this, KOP became a company store! Imagine chasing the Fedex truck twice if remember it right! But other SAs (not Hermes!) are even brazen enough by giving us the merchandise and sending an empty box! YIKES! and DOUBLE YIKES!

Oh, I admit, I was really tempted to with the big purchases. I could have them shipped to my sister's office in Delaware, but then my sister would find out, and I would have some explaining to do.

As far as she knows, I only have one H. bag - a Birkin, which she refers to as the "Burka" bag.:P (She's only into the scarves.)

Ah, Mr. petpringles, I fondly remember that tale about you taking off in hot pursuit of the FedEx truck. Hilarious! Now, can I ship future purchases to your very discreet cousins?:graucho:

When I lived in PA and King of Prussia wasn't a corporate store, I always had things shipped.

Now that I live in AZ, I still have things shipped. I'm dreading the opening of the AZ store, because that's the end of tax free H shipping!

I am already feeling the pinch of Barney's opening here!

The SA doesn't care whether you have a Birkin shipped or if you take it with you!