How many of us go into debt for LV or other brands?

emms2381

Nov 1, 2011
Hahaha really nosey thread (I know)

BUT..... I am just sat here thinking about my next LV purchase and how I am going to fund it and it got me thinking...

I know a few people come in here do reveals and there's 3+ LV items - I am thinking WOW I wish I could afford to go out and buy 3 or 4 pieces of LV in one trip, but the reality is I can't.

I know a lot of people save lots up for these items but I am just curious to see how many of us run up a HEFTY CC bill for our love of LV??

Any takers? LOL:P

Truthfully, no. But then I only have 2 LV's and 1 SLG. I saved up for the first, my hubby treated me to the second 10 months later and I think that's the way it's going to be from now on. One LV a year, if all is well.

We're not poor, we're not rich, we're just comfortable. But debt makes me nervous!

What about you? :P

Truthfully, no. But then I only have 2 LV's and 1 SLG. I saved up for the first, my hubby treated me to the second 10 months later and I think that's the way it's going to be from now on. One LV a year, if all is well.

We're not poor, we're not rich, we're just comfortable. But debt makes me nervous!

What about you? :P

Hahaha pretty much the same - My first love was Mulberry, then I had a soft spot for LV but all my bags have been bought by the OH or he has part funded them - OR I have bought my own.

Never ran up a CC bill for them:graucho:

But I guess I am one of them people that if I cannot afford to buy it with money then I go without.

I save up for mine. I do overtime and make sure I have the funds to cover the purchase. If I don't have enough, I don't buy it until I do. I put it on the CC for the points and pay off the bill in full every month. I have a Bloomsbury and Speedy b25 DE :smile:

Nope not me! But I do use my credit card to collect those FF points and then I transfer the money over asap.

I was raised with the mind set if you can't afford it you don't buy it. I guess it is just so ingrained in me from my parents, I think I would come out in hives if I even contemplated buying something I couldn't afford lol :P

But then I don't have a huge handbag collection 6 LV's, 4 Chanel's and a couple of Burberry's/Prada's and Gucci's.

My weakness is shoes and scarves - I have far too many of both. Yet I can't seem to stop myself from buying them :biggrin:

Hahaha gee's to ASSUME is so damn rude of me.

I am so very sorry - good going geezer:P:P:P

Haha - this made me laugh !!

I admit I have been guilty of putting a bag on credit card, but I strictly made sure I could pay it off within 2 weeks at the most - I never buy what I cannot afford.
I have savings, but never dip in to those for Luxury items - I like to watch the savings grow.

But if I have to have something then I will put it on "fantastic Plastic" as a kind of "Lay away" and make sure it is paid off within 2 weeks.

I suppose it's not too bad when you are savvy with money...

Trouble is I know I am not -

1 - I know I could go into a frenzy with plastic in LV
2- Plastic somehow does not feel like proper money so there would be chances of me struggling to pay off my bills.

Don't get me wrong I would love to be flashing off my new LV hauls every month in here but I know I just can't afford to do it.

I think it is based on need.
1. If you have the money to buy it.
2. If you do not save money.
Do not buy if you need to deprive yourself of eatingor if you have other things to pay for the bag will become a regret.

Sorry for my english im FRENCH

there are all types of lv lovers some will love it that much to buy without having the cash to
I must admit at times I did buy knowingly that I don't have the money to pay yet
but that was when I was younger :smile:

nowdays I try to plan ahead, but I still can't afford coming home wit so many stuff all together
but than again I do buy someting (1-3) new every month or so (don't tell)