How many of us go into debt for LV or other brands?

I charge my CC for almost everything I buy but I always pay my invoice in full. I never want to be in debt. I like using my CC for security and accumulating points - can't say the same about plain old cash. I'm quite OCD about my CC purchases so I keep a spreadsheet with a running total of how much I've charged to it.

It's bound to happen dear.

Any thread that asks about 'financial situations', 'something or other about fakes' and 'if LV is too common', tends to get heated. I honestly can't remember the rest of the threads that go wonky after page 3, at least yours made it to page 4!! :biggrin:

Hmmm lol ok, thanks hun.

aye well I got my answers now...

case closed, I aint sticking around for abuse lol;)y

Hmmm lol ok, thanks hun.

aye well I got my answers now...

case closed, I aint sticking around for abuse lol;)y
You are fine and I think you are great to open this thread so everyone has a place to discuss the issues, I love to read how others save for their LVs, how to avoid debt, self control when you see something you really love, how do you balance the material and reality, I believe some members out there do benefit this type of thread.

You are fine and I think you are great to open this thread so everyone has a place to discuss the issues, I love to read how others save for their LVs, how to avoid debt, self control when you see something you really love, how do you balance the material and reality, I believe some members out there do benefit this type of thread.

Aww thank you so much for your kind words:smile:

its nice to get some really positive input- thanks to all the posters who contributed some great posts :biggrin:

Once upon a time, I thought nothing of spending over £1000 on a "treat" on my credit card, but I've become wiser with age, and as I'm in the process of renovating our new home, I now have other priorities.

Cash only for me, and the more I wait / save up for something, the more I respect it.

I should've listened to my mother years ago!!!!!

I don't think I'm that crazy over LV. I am however a complete nut when it comes to electronics. TV's, sound systems, Apple, smart home, security monitoring etc. I'm always upgrading something. Sometimes I hope & pray something breaks down so I can go out & get latest new thing.

This type of thread comes up every couple months...
Everyone sit back and wait for the fireworks!!
:popcorn:

Love your avatar!!!

I've sailed pretty close to the wind when it comes to budgeting and spending for luxury purchases. Generally, I always have a buffer but overspending really eats into my savings plan. Sometimes it's hard to resist buying when you know there's an impending price increase (we had 3 in Oz last year) or when something so hot pops up on the preloved market that you just cannot say no!

as a reformed credit card abuser, i would never, ever do that. it scares the crap out of me.

but i do use my ccs to purchase make a purchase when its in my budget, gotta get those points! ;)

The more interesting question is if we have 6 months of savings. I'd bet most people on here are going to say they don't use CC. I don't know many people that would admit to debt due to flaming.

If I charge a Lv I pay it off within the month just to earn points but I would never go into debt over a purse . I'm in my 40s and debt free , I own my house and both vehicles so I can afford to buy a few nice things a year for myself.

My dad taught me when buying luxury goods or items that aren't a necessity, if you don't have it in the bank then you shouldn't buy it. All my LV's have been purchased with cash or my debit card.

I do this too. Almost all of my LV purchases have been at least partially funded by selling other bags! I like to joke with my hubby about my rotating closet, bags are always coming and going but I think it's fun trying to find the ones that will stay!
I do this too. my DH listens to me talk about my bags and says 'just put it on ebay if your'e not happy'. Somethimes its not as easy as that, coz I keep giving them a go. But it does takea while to work out what bags work for you and those that don't. Since purchasing my Noe bb, I realise I hate crossbody bags and bags with long straps. They just don't work for me. I prefer bags that sit under my shoulder, preferable with a single strap. But I can't bring myself to part with my Noe yet.:lol: