How many of us go into debt for LV or other brands?

My FT job is all about the bills, family, ect but I do work perdiem from time to time and when I get those jobs Thats my LV cash. If I know I have multi perdiem jobs coming up I will charge it to get the points then pay it off. I know in Feb/March I have at least 6 days so I may treat myself before the looming price increase charge then pay.

LOL

I did not assume - I asked a question (there's a difference)

Like I said I didnt want to cause anyone offence, there's no need to be so rude other posters havent been rude to me

I wasn't rude.

Your question wasn't "how can you afford it" it was "how many of you are in debt like me"

which is the polite question and which is the rude one?

DH and I agreed not to buy anything without cash. I like it and don´t feel bad if I can´t afford. If we don´t have the money for luxury items - we don´t buy. That is not so hard to accept - luxury is what it says - not necessary, that´s how we handle it. We do have CC cards but only use them on holidays abroad as security. I feel much better nowadays without dept as in younger years when I was not able to say no to my wishes ... And: I do appreciate my items much more now.

No. I buy only what I can afford when I can afford it. DH and I were raised poor, put ourselves through college by working full time, then paid off our debts. The only thing we "owe" is our monthly mortgage and our monthly car payments. We pay everything off immediately. We have 4 kids to put through college. I love LV, but I'm not willing to go into debt for it.

This is a very iffy issue that I think, if anyone were to be in the same situation, they wouldn't come out and say it.

Personally, DH and I use our CC for all my purchases because we get hotel points when we charge on the AMEX, but we always, always pay off our statement at the end of the month. We also own two homes, one we live in and one we rent, so we can't afford to have bad credit. I would consider us middle class. We live well, but it's only DH and I, so our main expense each month is just our mortgages, and the rest can go into savings or my bag/shoe obsession.

No. I buy only what I can afford when I can afford it. DH and I were raised poor, put ourselves through college by working full time, then paid off our debts. The only thing we "owe" is our monthly mortgage and our monthly car payments. We pay everything off immediately. We have 4 kids to put through college. I love LV, but I'm not willing to go into debt for it.

Same story except we have 2 kids....1 is already done with college debt free, 1 to go:smile:
Our mortgage and cars are our only debt as well. I love it too...but it's not worth it. The reality is if you have 1 LV you are blessed. Sooo many people can barely make enough to provide the basics for their families. It's fine to obtain and enjoy nice things as long as you keep it in perspective. Peace of mind is better than any designer bag:P

I think there are a TON of people on these forums who do, but if they're financially unsavvy, I would hope they be at least wise to not announce it online.
Anyone who admits they are financially immature enough to go into debt for handbags knows they will get flamed....and for good reason.

I think there are a TON of people on these forums who do, but if they're financially unsavvy, I would hope they be at least wise to not announce it online.
Anyone who admits they are financially immature enough to go into debt for handbags knows they will get flamed....and for good reason.

I agree. There's quite a few reveals where I've seen the poster say they were already in trouble with their last purchase or figuring out how to fund the next and then BAM another reveal. Maybe they returned their previous reveal item? Or sold off a kidney, the truth is you're not going to have them openly admit their financial ruin on a purse forum. :P

I used to years ago. But I paid it all off and have been buying with only cash. I have two kids, so I have more important priorities than LV. I do save money every month and I make sure I will use a bag that I buy. I now buy for practicality over just sitting in the closet. I have built up quite a collection over the years and will enjoy them.

I wasn't rude.

Your question wasn't "how can you afford it" it was "how many of you are in debt like me"

which is the polite question and which is the rude one?

You obviously FAILED to read the full thread.....

I am not in debt - I have not even got a credit card!!!

ffs ... I wish people would read before chiming in and being so rude

You obviously FAILED to read the full thread.....

I am not in debt - I have not even got a credit card!!!

ffs ... I wish people would read before chiming in and being so rude
It's bound to happen dear.

Any thread that asks about 'financial situations', 'something or other about fakes' and 'if LV is too common', tends to get heated. I honestly can't remember the rest of the threads that go wonky after page 3, at least yours made it to page 4!! :biggrin: