How many of us go into debt for LV or other brands?

I have one LV and it was a birthday gift from my mom. Otherwise , I would have to save. I am thinking about purchasing a wallet by the end of the year. I could also drop hints, maybe hubby would get one for me :smile:

I don't have cc and I don't want to be indebt so if I can't afford it and no cash I don't buy . It' feels good to buy the bag in cash without thinking and feeling quilty that you are in debt 😄

HAHAHA..

Well - it's actually not intended for a slanging match, I was just pretty curious really or more envious LOL

Just I can't afford to spend mega bucks on LV and wondered how other people go about affording them...

I really don't want to offend anyone or upset anyone, how one chooses to pay for their items is purely their business, so I don't expect anybody to answer the question if they get offended or prefer not to say:smile::smile:

I really don't want to cause any *****iness in this thread X

I've saved to buy my items when I've bought brand new - saved bloody hard too!!

However with Preloved, I'm really lucky. The dress agency local to me lets me pay a deposit and the balance over 2 more months. It's really handy.... too handy sometimes lol.

Just I can't afford to spend mega bucks on LV and wondered how other people go about affording them...

Did you really?

I mean there is always the possibility that someone works and earns enough to spend on them, no? You could just assume that, versus assuming that someone has to put it all on a cc.

Did you really?

I mean there is always the possibility that someone works and earns enough to spend on them, no? You could just assume that, versus assuming that someone has to put it all on a cc.

I'm sorry, I'm just a lurker in the LV forum, but that was a little uncalled for. I'm sure a lot of people also work hard but don't earn enough for many buys and as we're in a forum full of amazing collections, it made the OP wonder.

I sometimes use a credit card and then I sell old LV and other designers to pay off credit card. Win win situation.. I'm getting paid for items I'm no longer in love with and clearing out clutter... and I'm able to pay off cc within a month and get 3 to 5% cash back ( statement credit ).👍🙆

I do this too. Almost all of my LV purchases have been at least partially funded by selling other bags! I like to joke with my hubby about my rotating closet, bags are always coming and going but I think it's fun trying to find the ones that will stay!

I told my man that the second I put a bag on a CC, then I give him full permission to cut me off. But now that I think about it, the points I would receive would be amazing.

When I was in high school/college and living with my parents, all the money I worked for went straight to shopping. So you could say that when I was younger, I definitely saved up as much as I could to buy the things I want. If not, I charged it on my credit card (I was very naive). Now that I'm an adult with bills, my income goes toward necessities more than wants. However, I do get bitten by the LV bug every once in a while ;)

Did you really?

LOL

I did not assume - I asked a question (there's a difference)

Like I said I didnt want to cause anyone offence, there's no need to be so rude other posters havent been rude to me