How many LV returns have you done lately & why?

Last year, after seeing a pic on here, I ordered the croissant mm...there were 2 left in the Country...so they shipped it to me from Miami. When I got it, it was way too small for me. I went to LV and exchanged it for my Petite Noe' and Groom Cles.
I did not use the bag.
That is the only return I've made.

Haven't returned anything lately, though I did an exchange. Somehow my SA thought I wanted the Hollywood key holder so she charged me for it and I just did the exchange and paid the difference for the Pomme Coeur.

Lucky you that you have a boutique close by and your own SA. Makes things a lot easier for you. In reference to saving SA's time, I would not be very concerned since that what they are there for. They get paid regardless of how much or how little time they spend with a customer. ;)

True, it IS their job, but I am a considerate person for others. Maybe it's cuz my family owns a retail boutique too, so I understand what SAs go through and anyone who owns a business will know that EVERY return/exchange is at a disadvantage to the store.

Finally, I'd like to say that I agree with Smith and Charleston-mom

I agree that you shouldn't use something and return it, but if you get it home and try it with different outfits and it just doesn't work, I think that returning is fine. Very different from a car where you can truly test drive before buying. With bags, some of that "test driving" is best done at home without an SA hovering over saying that it looks great!

:yes::yes::yes: It's totally different with a car purchase! However I did have a friend who had exchanged a small car to a bigger car within 4 days!

I have only return a bag once but for exchange. I have returned an Azur pochette and exchanged for a Mini Lin speedy. The reason is my BF said that Azur Pochetter looks cheap (?????????). I don't know why? I think it's cute. Anyway, later I got my Azur Speedy and he told me it was cute and worth to pay!

Vicky coming back to PF !!

True, it IS their job, but I am a considerate person for others. Maybe it's cuz my family owns a retail boutique too, so I understand what SAs go through and anyone who owns a business will know that EVERY return/exchange is at a disadvantage to the store.

Finally, I'd like to say that I agree with Smith and Charleston-mom

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My question was how many returns anyone has made and why? There are different reasons why someone would want to return or exchange an item. Examples: too small, too big, defective, or just plain simple "I changed my mind". This thread was not intended to educate us of why it is not right to exchange or return an item. I would never keep an item that I feel need to return/exchange just because an SA took 2 hours to help me out. That has nothing to do with being considerate or not. I, like you, also have consideration for others. Not only SA's. I don't have to own a boutique to know that we have to have consideration for others. The reality is that's what an SA gets paid to do. Keeping an item that you don't like, is defective, or not the right size is also a disadvantage for the consumer. I would rather be the one with the advantage than the disadvantage. Believe me....Louis Vuitton is not loosing any money with our returns/exchanges. I just needed to clear this up since it was obvious by your response that you believe I was being inconsiderate by the statement I made. With this being said, now lets just PLEASE post on the topic of this thread. Thank you. :yes:

I've never returned anything LV... other stuff, I have, but not very often. Of course, I will only return items I've NEVER worn or used, or if it was originally defective and I didn't find out till I further inspected it at home. I've worked retail in the past, and I've seen people return clothing items they wore, and it's quite obvious. But, the management will allow us to process the return anyway, because "the customer is always right." I have no problems with returns or exchanges as long as the item is in saleable condition, and within the time limit.

i am returning a pomme agenda. there's a *slight* imprint on the center lv and i can't stand it. as much as i love the pomme vernis, i think it may be too delicate for me. i can't decide. i also ordered the agenda refill. i can't decide on whether to return it or use it in my mono agenda (i currently have a coach refill in there).
I thought mine did too, is it at the end?! because if it is its the remainder of the next pattern!

I've returned my pomme zippy wallet, because it was a defect, the leather on the edges was peeling off:yucky:!!

I got the Soupcon GM sunnies last week, and exchanged it to the Conspiration GM the very next day.