How many languages do you speak?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ...and what are they? Can you also read and write in those languages?

I'm just posting this out of curiosity :P

I speak and understand Cantonese, Mandarin, English. I can also read and write them.

I've also learned German and French but now only understand French, hehe.

What about you?

2. English and Arabic (all skills)... i would love to learn Italian and French :smile:

3. I can speak and write english, cantonese, mandarin, japanese and a bit of spanish.

One language I learnt for 7 years is Indonesian - but i've forgotten most already!

Hopefully I'll be able to learn Arabic sometime too!.

4. I speak Dutch, English, Spanish and a dialect spoken in the dutch caribean which is called Papiamento. I can also speak a litte German.

5. I speak Italian and Spanish - but my Italian is rusty. I can understand and read it fine though.

6. spanish, swedish and english.

7. swedish - read, speak and write fluently
    english - as above
    finnish - as above but i'm very self-conscious about my grammar sometimes and i forget words. been away too long really.
    danish - understand everything i read, most of what i hear and i can speak it pretty well but i confuse it with swedish when i write and make mistakes :shame:
    french - reading is fine, but i'm rusty with everything else. used to be nearly fluent so i should go spend some time in france really.
    german - rusty but i can read it and understand if you don't speak too quickly. i can form sentences and my grammar is fine but i don't remember the words i want because it's been so long since i had to use german.
    italian- i took a year of it and i know the basics, reading is fine but they speak soooo fast :wtf:

i'd still love to learn a bunch though. spanish, portuguese, russian, arabic, mandarin and japanese would be great!

not that i'm ambitious or anything :lol:

8. 4-English, Russian, Spanish and French (my weakest).

9. Just English and German. My German is getting a little rusty though as I haven't had lessons for a couple of years now.

10. -My Father was born in Baya, Hungary so we grew up with many Hungarian relatives that did not speak English. I cannot write in Hungarian though.

-I took 7 years of Hebrew, including Ulpan classes and was a Hebrew teacher for 4 years.

-Conversational Yiddish, some Polish and quite a bit of Sign languge (I babysat a 10 year old child who was deaf 1-2x a week for 2 years and I couldn't communicate with him unless I learned some :smile: )

11. I speak, read, write both English and Spanish. When I was little I could speak Italian with my grandparents but have forgotten most of it. I can still understand a decent amount of Italian movies, conversations, etc but can't really speak or write it.

I would really like to learn Brazilian portuguese since there is a huge Brazilian population in my area.

12. English - speak, read, and write fluently
    Cantonese/Mandarin - speak and read, but forget how to write
    French - can read/write better than I can speak
    Korean - can read/write better than I can speak

13. I am fluent in Greek and English.
    French and Spanish (still learning)
    Some Serbian, just conversational

14. Cantonese, Mandarin, some Japanese, some Spanish, a bit of French, and can understand Taiwanese dialects. Writing-wise, I'm fluent in Chinese (both traditional and simplified) and am better in written Spanish and Japanese than spoken. I need to learn more languages though. My SO and his family are fluent in Spanish so I'm trying to brush up on mine. After that I would like to master Italian and French.

15. english, german, french : fluent in all three
    and a bit of italien

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice