How MANY is tooooo Many bags

Many of us, and definitely me included, tend to collect a lot of our favorite types of thing and not enough of the other types of things we need.

This is something I am so guilty of, in different ways. I accrue too many handbags because I love handbags, and then I collect duplicates of the same handbag because I love it so much (currently have two LV Papillon bags, two Bal City bags and two Bal Part Time bags)!

For me, I have 14 plus one on the way and this is far too many. I am looking at selling four (five if I can bring myself to sell another of my duplicates even though I love her :cry:smile: and adding one more and then I will be done for quite a while.

when u have to change bags 2 or 3 times a day!

ha, was at that point at one time. I had around 45-50 purse. Paired down a couple of years ago and the #s are slowly creeping up again. I must have said "this is the last bag I'm getting" to my last 10 bags already...

Honestly 5 bags (2 designer, 3 knockarounds) would be ideal for me, any more is just asking that other bags collect dust in the closet in my case. But I can't help spotting and falling for beautiful bags.

I have 3 bags, 5 wristlets, 1 3x5 leather agenda, 1 cosmetic case, 8 fobs and a few gwp's...I feel like 3 bags is more than enough for me.(You can only carry 1 at a time)After my most recent pce purchase, I'am done buying bags...I now have my 1st coach bag, soho suede flap(too small), my op art glam tote, and my new madison leather sophia.So really, I have all 3 materials to use:smile: My sophia is black so it is my everyday bag, and it is my first all leather bag which I love that it will last longer than most.As for small accessorie's and fob's, I will keep buying these items.They are way easier on my pocket,lol!

Personally, I know I have too many when I own bags I don't love. Also, when I have bags that are "duplicates" in that they are so similar in color/style/function/size that I can't really pick on over the other at any one time.

I think most people intrinsically need to gather and collect. For some people its shoes, others could be glass figurines, most of us here collect purses and it can be very addicting. I know that I fall into the enablement trap of this website when I see a new reveal or notice certain bags that I've never even heard or thought about and start obsessing over eBay and other consignment shops looking for a deal. So simply ask yourself "WHY do I need so many bags?" the answer may not be so obvious.

I recently found myself questioning the very same things about my collection. What helped me was to categorize my bags by color which helped me realize that I have an over abundance of a few colors which helped me pare those colors down. I did all of this on paper listing by name and style.

I feel I have a pretty good diversity of bags for appropriate occasions. I also have bags that I don't use all year but those bags still work for me. I don't mind taking a break from them because when I pull them out again in the spring I'll be happy to use them again. I keep expecting the weather to get bad lately so I've been using the same bag for awhile now. I'm pretty good at recognizing when I should switch so my bags each get their time. I still want to narrow down my collection a little more, but I don't feel as much bag clutter as I did when I first got into my bag buying frenzy shortly after I joined tpf. Now, I can look at other member's bags and enjoy them, but not feel the need to hunt them down for myself.

Personally, I know I have too many when I own bags I don't love. Also, when I have bags that are "duplicates" in that they are so similar in color/style/function/size that I can't really pick on over the other at any one time.

This is so me. Heck, I even own bags that I don't even like at all- three of them. I have dupes that I could do without and had gotten only because of the incredible rarity and I would get one color/different version while all the others were sold out but the other colors came in stock again. I also see bags that I know I can get rid of based upon similarities in their design.