How many is TOO many?

Will you ever find contentment in one bag? Two? Three? How many is TOO many? I have at least 6 LV's and although I do not use all of them equally, I do love them all! I have found myself looking from time to time at the website to see what's new. I've targeted a few but cannot pull the trigger. In my mind, I feel that I am buying to latest and greatest and not necessarily because I'd want to use it every day even though that's the excuse I come up with in order to justify a purchase with that many zeroes! Do you buy to collect? Or do you just buy just because?

Honestly, more than two is too many. LV is pretty neutral and most people can survive with a purse and a tote.
Of course that doesn't stop tPFers from getting more and more and more :lol:

Reactions: iqaganda
I have hit that point. My 15th LV is expected to arrive on Thursday. I felt like I was addicted to acquiring bags and needed more and more. Now most of them just sit on the shelf. I debate whether I should sell some off to fund some more extravagant LVs or Chanel bags. It's tough, because I did enjoy the bags and they really are beautiful. The problem is that the truly useful and comfortable bags came into my life after I had already bought a few pretty, but seldom used bags. There are a few bags that I would not mind having in my collection, but I truly do not need anything else. What is even worse is the poor bags from contemporary designers. They never see the light of day anymore. Again, I cannot bring myself to sell them because i do love them and the resale value is not so great.

I know what you mean. I love LV and purses as much as the next person, but really am blown away by how many purses some women have. I am already considered pretty indulgent by a lot of my "normal" friends for my taste in handbags, but my collection easily pales in comparison to almost everyone I see on here.

Sometimes when I find myself adding another bag to my wish list, I have to stop myself. Realistically, I don't need more than five bags... but I am at seven, and soon to be eight. I'm trying not to get to ten.

I have about sixteen LV's and am holding steady at that number--when one comes in another goes out. I have a variety of styles- one clutch, totes, shoulder bags, hand-helds and in different lines. I also have two Chanels and some Coaches I'm still hanging onto and will probably give to my sister. I feel like I have a lot of bags. One of my old neighbors --from before we moved- came over the other day and DH was showing her around the house and of course inside the closet! When she saw all the dustbags she was like "Oh my God, those are all your bags? Are they all like that?" (My ebene Speedy and NF MM weren't in dustbags, just sitting on the shelf) I was embarassed because I don't show off my things and she's not a "bag person". I just said "No there are some different ones" I felt like saying..."You should see the multicolore ones and the WC" :roflmfao:

No, but seriously...I rotate all of mine and sometimes use two in one day. I also don't "collect" bags anymore. I use everything. I think if you start getting into the 20's and 30's it would be really difficult to use them all and many would just sit in your closet. Unless you share bags with your mom or sister....some people do that!

Mmmm...I plead the fifth... I actually havent counted in a while so lets see:

Tivoli pm
Tulum PM
Galliera pm in azur
Speedy 30 azur
Speedy 30 ebene
Eva in ebene
Denim pleaty
Mini Looping
Romance
Kate Spade maryann
Coach alexandra

Yeh thats seems like alot now... At least they make me happy and I buy used so i get three bags for the price on 1 new one usually. SLG and charms I wont list lol.

Totally understand where you are coming from. I've been in love with bags since I was a little girl...but back then my purses were less than $50. I have TONS of Coach bags and since I'm venturing in LV, I was considering selling some of them. However, the bf was against it (I know, this should make me happy) because he said that each purse has a history and I can look back and remember those memories. However, I also don't want to drown in purses I don't use/need anymore.

I think it depends, on whether you're buying to use, in which case, a shoulder bag, handheld and a clutch/evening type would be enough. Or if you're buying to collect....whereby it will never be enough :P

I think I have 15. Let me see!
BH, Manhattan PM, Bellevue PM, Courtney, Neocabby, Berkeley, mono artsy, galliera, empriente artsy, trevi, rivington, mon mono speedy, mon mono NF, azur NF. denim pleaty

I rotate all of mine and sometimes use two in one day. I also don't "collect" bags anymore. I use everything. I think if you start getting into the 20's and 30's it would be really difficult to use them all and many would just sit in your closet.

This is me. I stopped "collecting" and buy only what I *think* I will use. If after a few years I identify bags that rarely seem to find their way into rotation, I'll sell them. As it is, even amongst those I do use, because I have quite a few, most bags are not used regularly. The upside of having several is that they stay in excellent condition for years!

I have a mono speedy 30 on the way and thought that I would only want that bag and thats it for life. However I am already craving the mono 40 for travelling and a Damier 35.

This is probably not the right place to ask but can you buy the hot stamped luggage tags on their own or do they have to be bought when you buy the bags? Is that a stupid question? I really want one but can't find them. How much are they as well? I would have loved my mono 30 personalized with my initials but I can't see anywhere on the site that says you can send a previously bought one off to be done. Anyone know?

I used to rotate between 2-3 bags. My bags got worn out and (especially the leather ones) got stretched handles, faded color, and corners worn down to the piping. Now I have 26 bags as they all look like new. It's the way to go. The girls here with 10 yo bags that look fabulous do not wear them daily. LV does not last forever unless you rotate many bags. Repeat: LV does not last forever if used daily.

:lolots::lolots::lolots::lolots::lolots:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To quote my husband the other day, "How many do you need?"
I just looked at him with my jaw dropped. Like... what a question!