How many is too many bags????

Gmag75

Dec 17, 2011
So I'm feeling a little guilty. I've bought, sold, returned and bought more Coch purses since I caught the bug a few months ago. I just counted how many bags I have currently...I have fifteen!!!!

Am I crazy??! How many do you have?

Don't feel bad, you can never have too many bags. I've been collecting since I was in high school. I have about 6 vintage bags from my youth. One closet full, and 4 underbed storage boxes full. I have everything Coach, Cole Haan, Dooney & Bourke, LV, Gucci, Lambertson Truex, etc. The last month I bought a Celine python luggage, a fuschia Mulberry Bayswater, Dooney & Bourke Ostrich Florentine Vachetta Satchel, and my newest obsession, a Balenciaga Bordeaux Hamilton City bag. I have preordered the spring 2012 Celine and just sent my SA at Nordstrom a what if, on another Balenciaga. It is never ending, what I don't use I sell on Ebay and buy more. Sadly, I buy 10x what I sell....

I feel guilty too. I feel like the ones I'm not carrying are wasting away sitting on the shelf waiting for me to get around to them. I really only carry the newest ones. I can't part with the older ones even though I don't know if I will ever use them.

So I'm feeling a little guilty. I've bought, sold, returned and bought more Coch purses since I caught the bug a few months ago. I just counted how many bags I have currently...I have fifteen!!!!

Am I crazy??! How many do you have?

I don't think you have too many but I do think the buy/sell/return/buy cycle has you trapped in a Decision Loop.

Ask yourself - if I knew I couldn't just walk in and return this bag, would I still buy it today? If I think about it for another day/week/month, will I still want it?

I made a mistake this weekend - I let my guard down and bought a bag I only like, not LOVE. I was blinded by price and sudden availability. Bad me.

well i rotate my bags fairly regularly. i also have a few my mom has handed down to me and i dont use those much but still like them

u can always sell what u dont want anymore

i think more then 15 bags i couldnt get enough use of. im at about a dozen now (coach lv longchamp...)

when u cant decide what to use just remind yourself how lucky u r to have that problem!

hahaha i was so afraid to click on this thread, to open it :sweatdrop: i've only given away a few of mine to close friends but have never sold any of mine! not too many coach bags as i just started buying in the past month-and-a-half, but i have too many other bags (30-40?) and need to get rid of some that i havent touched in a year!

You'll know when you have too much when you begin to feel overwhelmed or anxious, then it's time to step back and take a look. Until then.............

ITA with this...I think we all have a different idea of what too many is, just like we all have different opinions on what's rich or what's a big house. So stick with a number of purses that keeps you sane. :biggrin:

I think the amount of bags is different for every person. I myself have been obsessed with handbags for the last 10 years and purchased so many from mainly low end leather brands and find I use them and then quit but always buying more.
I rediscovered Coach about 4 months ago and so far have 3 bags and 2 on the way. I did however just go through my purses a few weeks ago and plan to donate most of the bags I don't use. I have given some away as presents to friends and some Dooney's and B Makowsky I have sold.

I think if you are starting to feel overwhelmed by the amount you have it would be time to sit and evaluate whether you need to keep them all or not.

I think it depends on the individual and their style.
Some people are the type that move into a bag and carry it for months, or even years, and in that case they probably don't need more than a few bags.

Others are the type that consider bags as accessories, part of their outfits, and change bags daily, depending on what they are wearing or doing that day. I've read here that some people will change bags twice a day.

I don't think even 50 - 100 bags is too much if they are being used. Of course in a large collection, there will be a wide variety of types of bags with different uses, everyday bags, special occasion bags, totes, swing packs, hippies, clutches, etc. Then there's also the people who like a lot of colorful bags to go with their wardrobe.