How many is enough???

HiHeels said:
crochet, you and i are in the same boat, and our friends here suspect it is only because we haven't had our kelly-lust satisfied yet, so we don't know. and they're right, we don't know how we'll feel. i have an h shoulder bag, and i do feel that for me, my lifestyle and my style in general, a kelly would be all that i need. want is another matter, but i'm practical, so i can enjoy lusting without buying. as it is i will be waiting quite a while for that kelly, so it's a good thing i can live with just lusting for now, 'cause that's all i've got. i think if i had unlimited money, i would definitely want and buy several kelly bags (probably 2 or 3 total). but i am not in that position, and i hope i have the good sense to then only want what i can have, and be happy with that. one kelly bag is nothing short of fantastic.
Heels, what are the specs of your dream Kelly?

I tend to have too much of everything...although I am buying less shoes .....and I did do a complete selling of my other purses....so I do feel I'm getting the absolute best bags...but learning to be happy with what I have and not CRAVING more is a hard lesson for me to learn!

Greentea said:
Heels, what are the specs of your dream Kelly?

you are so sweet for asking! black togo or clemence souple in 28 with gold hardware, but i would love to learn and see more of box because i think i ought to consider this as well. the kelly on jemznjewels is killing me because the price is perfect, but i just don't even have that $$ right now because we went and bought an apt. damn those priorities (i'm really only half joking here you know, only half... maybe only a third joking...). if i could have 3 then one in rouge H for absolutely sure, and if i saw it in person when the time was right and i was ready, i might buy it instead of the black. so one in rouge h, one in black, and then another in rouge h or black but in a different size and leather. gold hardware for them all. sigh. thank you for that fun greentea.

I truly believe I'll satisfy my bag cravings with just 3 more Kelly bags.

Two 32cm and one more 28cm.
One in neutral one in black croc and one in a vibrant color croc. LOL LOL :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Non-bag cravings:

1 croc bearn wallet trifold
1 croc agenda largest they have
1 cashmir/silk shawl
And occasional scarf purchases.

I think it's a realistic goal to achieve in this lifetime!!

HiHeels said:
you are so sweet for asking! black togo or clemence souple in 28 with gold hardware, but i would love to learn and see more of box because i think i ought to consider this as well. the kelly on jemznjewels is killing me because the price is perfect, but i just don't even have that $$ right now because we went and bought an apt. damn those priorities (i'm really only half joking here you know, only half... maybe only a third joking...). if i could have 3 then one in rouge H for absolutely sure, and if i saw it in person when the time was right and i was ready, i might buy it instead of the black. so one in rouge h, one in black, and then another in rouge h or black but in a different size and leather. gold hardware for them all. sigh. thank you for that fun greentea.
Great choices! For me, I just can't have one Kelly because I want a classic black box rigide 28, so I (need - ha) another souple, larger Kelly that's more suitable for casual wear and daytime. If you can swing it, I'd try to get 2 Kellys in your lifetime. You would LOVE black box 28 and another in Rouge H 32cm. ORRR a RH Box 28 and a larger black souple. If one is only to be, I'd get a 28 souple in black Togo with gold. This can be a day-into evening bag. It's sooo fun to plot and dream.

Greentea said:
Great choices! For me, I just can't have one Kelly because I want a classic black box rigide 28, so I (need - ha) another souple, larger Kelly that's more suitable for casual wear and daytime. If you can swing it, I'd try to get 2 Kellys in your lifetime. You would LOVE black box 28 and another in Rouge H 32cm. ORRR a RH Box 28 and a larger black souple. If one is only to be, I'd get a 28 souple in black Togo with gold. This can be a day-into evening bag. It's sooo fun to plot and dream.

i think the last one is likely my reality. i will only get one though, and i agree that the 28 souple black is the most practical. you think togo over box?

Heels, box is wonderful and in my top-three favorite H leathers. Is this going to be an everyday bag for you? It just depends on your lifestyle. For instance, box can't take any rain, but Togo would survive if you got caught in a sudden downpour. There are pros and cons. Box will scratch but will also last just about forever and can be refurbished. I like it in the 28 souple.
Gosh, I'm no help at all!!!

Greentea said:
Heels, box is wonderful and in my top-three favorite H leathers. Is this going to be an everyday bag for you? It just depends on your lifestyle. For instance, box can't take any rain, but Togo would survive if you got caught in a sudden downpour. There are pros and cons. Box will scratch but will also last just about forever and can be refurbished. I like it in the 28 souple.
Gosh, I'm no help at all!!!

oh that's not true - you are help. let's see, it would be every day, or i would want it to work for every day, but hopefully i would still use my current bag once in a while. :yes:
what happens to box in the rain? that could be a deal-breaker, which is good for me, because i want to focus and be clear on my choice. :flowers:

2 at the very least, and 4 is enough... but 6 of all differing leathers is ideal I think!

absolutely essential as a permanent part of my wardrobe:
32 black box Kelly rigide, gold hw
35 black togo Birkin, gold hw

everyday special:
35 or 40 purple-grey (color?) chevre Kelly souple, gold hw
35 chocolate or gold clemence shoulder Birkin, gold hw

over the top special:
30 white lizard Birkin
32 dove grey croc Kelly

HiHeels....here's my small suggestion having gone through the very same angst that you are now....sounds like our lifestyles are somewhat similar even given that we live in VERY different worlds....

so....how does this sound. 28cm Souple Togo Kelly w/gold hw.

I really think this would be the one for you...Box tends to scratch and is a more stiff leather than Togo. The 28cm size can go from day to night, no problem. The togo and the souple makes it a little more casual.

I'd call Rachel at Jemz and see if that kelly is still available....she really might take a payment plan with a deposit so it actually might be a real possibility sooner than later....

i agree w/ lilach - as long as you don't go into debt or curb your lifestyle, collect as many as you want. just be sure to use them all. nothing is sadder than a neglected or forgotten H bag.

Here's my theory .......
We are true collectors. If you look at any other type of collectors (figurines, rare coins, etc.) they never say "I'm done. My collection is complete." They are always on the hunt for the next great find. It is the same way with us. It's the same mentality IMO. We will be forever building our collection .... at least I will be. It's a fun passtime for me. It's my hobby. The only difference with our collections is we also get to enjoy wearing/carrying them. Most collections just sit on a shelf and collect dust.