How many is enough? What is your H number

I was actually discussing this with my friend the other day - a complete H collection, in her opinion should include these bags:
2 Birkin's
1 Kelly
1 Kellycut or Kelly Pochette
1/2 Constance's
a woman doesn't need more she thinks - but what do I think? Setting a number for me doesn't work, I admire those who are firm and don't exceed a max amount, but I'm more a gut person.. all I know for now, is that I haven't been feeling that kick to get another one lately.

I have to this day, 7 Birkin's, 2 Constance's, 1 Evelyne and some other designer bags. I love and cherish them all (I also gave them nicknames) - but if I have to tell you all the truth, my bags have been sitting in the shelves and getting dust for quite some time now.. sure, we're still battling this pandemic, and only God knows when we'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. I do wish for one Kelly sillier - I can't help but wonder though: do I really need another one?
>"but I'm more a gut person.. all I know for now, is that I haven't been feeling that kick to get another one lately."

yes to this! This happened to me with Chanel awhile back, I just have the right bags and I haven't craved anything new in years! I'm still waiting for this to happen with H though, I think my last will be a bright k25, hopefully bleu hydra.

Great thread!
How many H bags is enough?-I thought years ago one would be the answer. Just one perfect black B35. For several years i had only the black B35, along with a hefty chanel collection. I used my bag for work, travel, vacations, and everything in between.
Consequently my H leather collection has grown. Now different bags have different roles. I have birkins in multiple colors in 30 and 35 sizing (I do not like smaller).
Last month I added another B in black recently and on that day- I thought to myself “we are done”.
However, I realize much as I did with chanel, that I enjoy having a new bag. I am not in a completion To have 4 bags a month, but I work very hard and I like treating myself to nice things — as simple as a scarf or as joyful as a leather H bag.
I have rambled, in sum it doesn’t end, it just tapers down and you become more selective in curating your collection. Happy day all!

For me it's not a number but the range of styles and colours that suit my four season lifestyle. I am realizing I've overdone it some areas and have holes in others but since I am too scared to sell an H bag, I will just be more careful about future acquisitions.
Agree it’s not the number for me either. It’s about what suits me and my lifestyle and versatility. I’d like to add a few more Kellys in different colors and leathers and a Constance but that’s it.

bags ...lets see. it goes by order of time i got these babies
BK35 electric blue togo PHW
Lindy 30 Tressage gold swift, rose azalee and apricot handle, PHW
Kelly pochette black epsom GHW
mini Lindy bordeaux clemence GHW
BK30 rogue vif ostrich GHW

to buy list / wish list
i do want a Kelly 25 retourne into my collection, but i have a mental block of what color/color group i should aim for. my SA called me up for a classic black GHW i gave it a passed.

i really looking forward to buy a garden party 36 canvas for everyday use mama bag, great for while taking my kids to after-school activities, chuck in all the changing clothes, towels, fruits and snacks lol - again i cant decide what color but since its an everyday use, probably black would be most ideal

if i got those then probably i will take a looooooong looooooong break from Hermes bags journey.

Reactions: jbags07
For me, it's not about a number ...they are coming up with so many different styles and variations and the colors :heart: so for me, it will end, when it stops being fun LOL. I love the styles of bags that came out 2020-2022, not necessarily a B or a K but all the new styles and designs. Don't get me wrong I love me a B or a K :smile: but they make it hard to say no to all the other new amazing styles that are not considered a quota bag.

For me I think it's about collecting over the years and I'm a patient shopper. So I think it'll be a fun shopping experience and journey. I have a few on my list I'd like to have though.

Owned:
KD in Rose Sakura PHW

Wishlist: (in order)
Mini Kelly II - Craie or Nata GHW
SO Mini Kelly II - Verso (color tbd - a light neutral with pink)
Kelly 25 (color tbd - light neutral)
Birkin 25 (color tbd - light neutral or NOIR GHW)
Kelly Pochette (Rose Dragee, Glycine, Mauve Pale ideally)
Constance 18 (color tbd - no reds)
Evelyne TPM (chai, gold, or light neutral like craie or beton)
Herbag 34 Coated Canvas
Picotin 18 ( Craie GHW)

-- I honestly only wear light colors. So my most used bags are white& blush pink :biggrin:

Reactions: jbags07