How many is enough? What is your H number

I LOVE my collection but I'm not in a hurry for anything new.
I don't have a magic number.
I buy what I love.
But every time I think I am at purse peace....
another one pulls me in...
B25 Sellier and I'm done :biggrin: (I think)
Whateverrrr.....I love Hermes and I doubt I'll ever stop.
And you know what? I'm ok with that.

Somehow this thread just reappeared for me so sorry to respond to a year old post but:

BINGO!! I completely agree with you....100%! I felt like I was satisfied with my bags when I posted earlier in this thread.....until I saw mauve sylvestre...and then "needed" a MK II...then of course there was the SO offer that I couldn't refuse, and why would I! LOL!
I keep what I love, rehome those that don't feel the love and buy what I am drawn to or see a "need'!

Like you....I am ok with it!!!

Wife shocked me yesterday that she is approaching enough. Two B35s, one B30, K32, K28 Sellier, C24, C18, KTG, Evelyne 16 and Geta. She said that a K25 is on the list and possibly a C18 with an enamel buckle and that those would round out her collection. She also said that this summer she is making a point of wearing each of those bags depending on what we are doing that day and not allowing any bag to sit in the closet for longer than a week. (She has only used her B30 four times in 2+ years and said she wants to rotate totes more into daily life instead of just using the B35s for work)

In the bicycle industry, we have a running joke -

Q: How many bikes do you own?
A: n+1, where n represents the ideal number of bikes in a collection

I also apply this formula to how many Hermès bags one should own... :angel:
Absolutely!! Except when my DH and sons all say " you need another bike" I always think "NO! That's another bag!" :lol:

Interesting.. my girlfriends and I were chatting yesterday about this. My thought was - how many Birkins (or whatever of the same style) can one really have in multiple colours/skins? When does it stop making sense?

it might be like when you are too full to sample a gorgeous dessert trolley (Per Se and Alain Ducasse used to have nice ones)
you will naturally know and begin to slow down :smile:
on the other hand, if the chef pulls out something amazing, well you press on valiantly