How many is enough? What is your H number

Personally I just want to find some balance that allows me a range of daily options that will work with almost anything in my closet...without defaulting to a bunch of “neutrals.”

...That’ll probably end up somewhere around 250 bags (JK!):giggle:
In the bicycle industry, we have a running joke -

Q: How many bikes do you own?
A: n+1, where n represents the ideal number of bikes in a collection

I also apply this formula to how many Hermès bags one should own... :angel:

I will! H bags are made to be used for decades and can always be spa'd for a small fraction of their price if something happens or just normal wear and tear. You spent and waited and should enjoy them.

My dog barfed on one of my Ks shortly after I got the bag. I didn't need to spa it because I addressed it right away but knowing that I could if needed made me not freak out at all. (DH was impressed but my Fur Baby is 1000% more important than a bag.)
Omg thank you so much. Good point on the spa bc i did take my preloved kelly there and the service was amazing.
Ok you changed my mind already!!! Need to take out miss B out of her display case once warmer weather is here

I have an Opli 28 and B30. I have other bags I love too so “what’s next”. I need a clutch that can still hold my phone, so a Kelly pochette and pretty sure I’ll have peace. My #must be 3. But I also wouldn’t turn away something in Box or Barenia.

I am purse-peace adjacent at 14 bags, which includes store-fresh and vintage finds… but no B or K, except for the Longue clutch.

But all that means is that I’m very fussy in hunting down my next items. :giggle:

With an SO on the way and a function-based want list (Victoria, Cabalicol or Toto bag because I want a workhorse), I’m just thinking about cutting back on bags from other brands because I barely use them anymore.

I currently have 3. Each has its purpose:

Gold DS45: shoulder tote
BF Saut25: mini/cross-body/shoulder
Black K32: shoulder/hand-held

I want a black B30 next as a hand-held tote and that’s it. 4 would be my magic number.

As context, other bags I have is a classic, Maxi ebene Bottega Intrecciato, Bottega classic knot clutch, and a red vintage epi Riviera Vuitton which I use as my workbag (B35 size, sellier-like construction: perfect for laptop).

I don’t have a real limit for H, although I can’t imagine why I’d need more than 4 at the moment. Have two already, thinking about 2 more once I can use bags again. I don’t believe in limiting myself for thing I’ll really use, but I just wouldn’t use that many Hermes bag types (that currently exists).

Reactions: jbags07 and Perja
I am purse-peace adjacent at 14 bags, which includes store-fresh and vintage finds… but no B or K, except for the Longue clutch.

But all that means is that I’m very fussy in hunting down my next items. :giggle:

With an SO on the way and a function-based want list (Victoria, Cabalicol or Toto bag because I want a workhorse), I’m just thinking about cutting back on bags from other brands because I barely use them anymore.
Same. I rarely carry anything other than my H bags unless it's a Longschamp tote on a rainy day or a Lady Dior for a super-dressy occasion. In fact, I'm offloading most of my other bags from brands like LV and Prada and a few Balenciagas, and some regrettable fashionista purchases like the Alexander Wang Rocco. I'm too old and arthritic :cool: to be carrying five pounds of metal studs... :biggrin:

In the bicycle industry, we have a running joke -

Q: How many bikes do you own?
A: n+1, where n represents the ideal number of bikes in a collection

I also apply this formula to how many Hermès bags one should own... :angel:

Hahaha. Love this! :tup: It applies to both my bikes and bags :smile:
But seriously, what I "need" is more women's clothes with pockets. Lotsa, lotsa pockets :smile: Then the ideal number of my handbags would be immediately reduced in direct proportion to the number of pockets present in an outfit :smile:

I don’t think there is such a thing because taste, style and financial situations change. During the lockdown when I didn’t use my bags I had too many. Now that I’m back out and about, I can use more ;)
If I compare my collection from 3 years ago to now, the change is significant.
I’m currently at 11 bags (had more in the past but sold). I would love a small shoulder carry and another B in gray. That *might* complete my collection though I reserve the right to change my mind!!