How many is enough? What is your H number

Great thread!

I wonder if you have types of bag for specific occasion / use?

Like I’m new to H and making a wishlist: I’d love to have in this order:

Bolide - everyday / work bag for day time, to carry work stuff for weekdays and baby essentials for weekends

Kelly to Go - to run neighborhood errands, school drop offs / pick ups / walking my dog, etc

Birkin - eventually in a year to interchange with the Bolide for work / weekend essentials carry

Kelly - Dinners, going out with girlfriends, date nights, etc

What about you all???
I would also suggest, Constance for evenings, dinners, weekends- easy to carry and casual yet well structured and elegant.

Jysperie - great bag for travel, weekend errands. closure of a Birkin but not many recognize it.

I am new to Hermes so I am not sure what my H number will be. I do know my DH would like for it to be single digit lol. I'm trying to slim down the total number of handbags I have and I have a sneaking suspicion that he will also want a "one in, one out" rule :biggrin:

We have this rule and it's great for keeping the peace. Applies to shoes as well!

Right now, how many is too many is determined by the closet space. I think I can sneak a couple more large bags. After that, I’ll have to reconsider buying new bags or consider taking over another closet or armoire.

My dilemma currently is how many is too many black bags? I have 1 black K32, 1 B30, 1 medor clutch, 1 cherche midi, 2 jige, and 1 Bolide 31. Yet, I find myself wanting to add a black box K28 sellier, a black Mors de bride bag, and a black alligator B30 or 35. I mostly wear black and navy, so black bags are my most used and the epitome of elegance in my eyes.
I just want to say this all black bag collection is #goals. I am very much into the monochromatic black or navy look with an H 90 scarf for a pop of color and the next 3 bags on my list are all black. +1 on black as the epitome of elegance

I can’t believe I am saying this but I am at peace. I recently got a teeny Kelly which fits a card case and keys and maybe a phone which was the last missing piece for me. I have something for every occasion and just don’t use the Birkins and Kellys so much as there have been fewer trips to the office. They’ve become so instantly recognizable (vs, say, 20 years ago when I started collecting) and it’s a bit uncomfortable in this environment for me to be so conspicuous.
I take my black GP36 to work, and have a hard time imagining taking a B/K in, I’d feel self conscious about it, if that makes any sense. So my wishlist is really built around things I would wear outside the office

My kids are older now and I find myself using my B35 more for travel. No more bottles or diapers!

I have 1 B35 in box for travel, 1 B30 for S/S and 1 B30 for F/W. I used to have an Evie but it did not work for me at all- sold it-the silhouette did not fit and made me look sloppy on my petite frame. B25's look ridiculous on me so I have been at purse peace for the past 4 yrs now but occasionally pine for a Jypsiere and anything in an Poro or Nilo Vert Emeraude

I own GP 30 and GP 36 and a Dogon duo which I use as a wallet and a clutch. I want one more bag. I can't make up my mind which one. I am getting older and more conservative than when I was younger. I would like to add one of the following bags, Bolide 31, k 35, or B 30 or B35. I am so happy with my GP 36 for work, school, and every day, I can't stop using this darn bag (this is highly unusual for me). I decided to wait until I finished my doctorate and then treat myself to one more bag.:panic:

I take my black GP36 to work, and have a hard time imagining taking a B/K in, I’d feel self conscious about it, if that makes any sense. So my wishlist is really built around things I would wear outside the office
I kinda feel the same way, I am using my raisin GP 36 to death for work, and every day I love everything about this bag. It is starting to get slouchy and used-looking; I have been using it for almost 4 years But, If I had a preloved slouchy K35, I would definitely take that into work. Who knows, I may end up with another GP.
IMG_0612.jpg

I kinda feel the same way, I am using my raisin GP 36 to death for work, and every day I love everything about this bag. It is starting to get slouchy and used-looking; I have been using it for almost 4 years But, If I had a preloved slouchy K35, I would definitely take that into work. Who knows, I may end up with another GP.
View attachment 5678959
Great pic of your Raisin GP on similar family colour background! :love:

I have been loving the brand since the beginning of the 2000's
I now own a decent collection:

I always have another one on my wish list and always tell myself that when I manage to get that specific on - Then I will stop!!
BUT NO ..... another one jumps on the list ..
It's a never ending game .... One wants More and More wants Many....The craving grows on you and never goes away...

B35 (black Togo PHW)
B30 (Togo Verso Bronce Dore/Bleu Brume PHW)
B25 (Rose Jaipur PHW togo)
B25 (Togo black RGHW)
B25 (Barenia Faubourg Ebene GHW)
B25 Sellier (Bleu Brume Epsom)

K28 Sellier (Bleu Nuit Touch PHW)
K28 Sellier Lettre H (Vert Cypres/ Bleu Obscur/ Malachite PHW)
K25 Sellier (Black Epsom PHW)
K25 Sellier (Barenia Fauve PHW)
K25 Retourne (Bleu Zanzibar PHW togo)
K25 retourne (Rouge Casaque PHW clemence)

Mini Kelly 2 (Rose Sakura Chevre PHW)
Evelyne mini TPM (Vert Cactus clemence PHW)

+ I have a small collection of small leather goods, shoes and RTW

I dream of owning a Kelly in matte alligator ;)

Used to own a Constance18 in Black epsom with RGHW but sold it as it was not very handy and practical for me

The older I get, the more I begin to feel burdened by material possessions. I’ve already sold off most of my non-H bags (except a beater Chanel reissue for work and couple of logo-less crossbodies for traveling). But tallying up my H collection has made me realize that there are still too many!

Mini K dark blue (forget exactly which one) chevre
Mini K noir box
K25 blue electrique tadelakt
B25 touch beton
B30 barenia fauve
B30 noir togo
Medor clutch in some sort of blue (can you tell I like blue things lol)

Still don’t know what my “number” is but it will be < 10.

Right now, how many is too many is determined by the closet space. I think I can sneak a couple more large bags. After that, I’ll have to reconsider buying new bags or consider taking over another closet or armoire.

My dilemma currently is how many is too many black bags? I have 1 black K32, 1 B30, 1 medor clutch, 1 cherche midi, 2 jige, and 1 Bolide 31. Yet, I find myself wanting to add a black box K28 sellier, a black Mors de bride bag, and a black alligator B30 or 35. I mostly wear black and navy, so black bags are my most used and the epitome of elegance in my eyes.
Can you please share a mod shot or a review of the Mors de Bride? I love that bag :heart: