How many different types of H bags do you have? - inspired by 'Whats your H number'

Nov 22, 2013
I really like the 'What's your H number' thread and it got me thinking about variety of different H bags and which do you lean towards

I have 8 different types and sizes (different sizes of same bag and styles are separated as I think the functionality of for example a K20 sellier is very different to a K28 retourne)

In order of how many I have of each:

Kelly 25 sellier (most used)
Birkin 25
Kelly 20 (most loved)
Birkin 30
Birkin 35
Birkin 25 sellier
Constance 24
Kelly 28 retourne (least loved)

Wondering if I need to branch out to other models but I just don't love any *that* much at this point. I wouldn't buy any more B30, B35, Kelly retourne in any size. I don't *love* the constance that much but I do think a C18 would be cute.

My first H bag was birkin 25 and loved it so much. I just didn’t like the amount of attention it got so I sold it and bought So Kelly. After that I’ve bought other low key bags. Maybe my lindy is now the most recognisable H bag, but I still like people who know H really ”see” it ;)
I still love the birkin I sold but could not buy it again.. unless I moved to dubai etc where a lot of people would wear it :lol:
I’m now thinking mini kelly… maybe it’s small enough to hide in crowds :blush:

I try to valiantly pare down the types into only the ones I use the most. . . Then, fall in love with new ones or decide I need to buy back ones I rehomed. It’s an (expensive) cycle of life bc I apparently lack sufficient imagination to decide whether I like a bag unless I try it IRL once, twice, or three times. :rolleyes:

(bags I currently own or have owned in the past)

Birkin: 25;30; 35; JPG shoulder Birkin; and the HAC 32;
Kelly: 25 sellier; 28 retourne and sellier; 32; JPG fringe Kelly;
Evelyn: TPM;PM;GM; GM sellier
Vespas, multiple sizes
Picotin: PM;MM;TGM (I might have had a GM, but Im not sure lol)
Trim: 31; 35
many jiges
Bolide: 31 Nero troika, phw
Victoria 35
tsako (31?) in leather and toile/leather
42 Paris Bombay;
Mini Della Cavalleria;
SLG: calvi; Kelly longue; bearn mini; azap; dogon; guersey trifold;
Karo; and some pencil case
Discontinued: chaine de ancre clutch, as well as a totally different bag,
also called CdA, with rigid handle and multi compartments and coin purse.
Garden party 30
double sens
The golf (a discontinued shoulder bag)
The silky city and the one that collapses into a leather zipped case
i have borrowed an onimatou from my mom

materials: box, vache natural, smooth barenia; Hunter; peau porc; vache liegee; courcheval, epsom, swift, togo; clemence; fjord; metallic; goat; treated silk; crinoline; toile with barenia, epsom, quadrille, cargo; croc; troika/calf hair; evercalf

i keep thinking about clutches that I have NOT purchased yet (medor, opli, baton du craie, Elgee, and every so often, a verrou ) and the bag that has gotten away, an ile de Shiki Porc. I deeply regret not buying a secondary market single tone crinoline Birkin; a Buffalo Dalmatian kelly (I bought an artisanal BD bag instead); and a 28 box vibrato K, phw, as the vibrato was in gray, black and white. Now I am thinking some kind of plume or smaller 1923 bolide. i do think the mini soufflé berline crossbody is cute

ETA: I am not likely to buy a 24/24 (unless it’s a toile 29); a Getta (Dislike the way the strap attaches to the body); a mini lindy or kelly; or a Constance or roulis. At this point, it’s safer, if a bit underwhelming, to buy bag models that I know I will wear. I am obviously not a minimalist, but I have successfully kept my bags at or under thirty for some time.

This is all I can remember right now lol

Last edited:
Great thread! I always love seeing the action or wildlife pictures of more niche Hermes bags.

Now, when it comes to variety, I have quite an eclectic variety of styles. I’ll try to list them alphabetically.

Birkin- 30cm and 35cm
Bolide- mini 1923, 1923 30cm, 31cm, 35cm, and travel size one in fabric.
Chaine d’Ancre bag (the 2010 version though I do really like the newer version too)
Chaine d’Ancre clutch (only piece I have in metallic chèvre)
Cherche Midi- small version, clutch, and larger version.
Convoyeur- small version on strap
Egee clutch
Farandole bag
HAC- 40cm
Jige- 29cm elan and PM
Kelly- 28cm (sellier), 32cm (retourne and sellier), and pochette
Medor- clutch 23cm and 29cm
Onimaitou
Picotin- TGM
Plume- small embroidered version and 28cm Elan
Trim- 23cm

I would estimate around half my bags being not Birkins or Kellys largely due to my love for the Bolide 31cm as the perfect bag with handle and how well it keeps its shape. First and foremost, I look for colors and leathers (especially chèvre or lizard) when getting a new bag and am not too picky about it having to be a Kelly or Birkin.

Out of all the bags, my favorite closure mechanism is the Convoyeur as it is easy and showcases the artisanship. My favorite strap of any bag is my Chaine d’Ancre bag. I wish I would be able to use it on other bags, but it is not compatible.

I don’t have any of the more in vogue styles like the mini Kelly or Birkin 25cm as I have been curating my collection for a few decades and never sell bags. I always go for the medium sized bag or one that is practical (that can carry a large sized phone nowadays). I also don’t have any Constances as I do not like how it opens though I do sometimes think about a Constance Elan in teal suede I tried on years ago.

I think having a variety of designs really allows for a deeper appreciation for the craftsmanship behind every bag.

14. 15 if you could both sides of the DS.

Logos:
I like H bags that don't say Hermes on the outside. Engraved on a Clou de S or similar is OK, not many people walk around with a magnifying glass (although I do).

The only exception is my Maxi DS because it's reversible. I wear the Evelyne with the pocket at the front so it's not an issue (I would call this the right way but I am not going to debate - why would have a closure that closes towards you?). I'd rather have a Constance with a giant 'H' than 'Hermes, Made in Paris' written out in full.

Recognition and status:
I really enjoy.that my favourite bags are UTR. If I bought more, they'd be in the same category, new or vintage.

Hardware:
I like a mixture of ghw and phw, depending on my outfit (even though they don't have to much) or vibe I'm feeling. Phw is 'neutral, whereas gold is more a statement on a bag with lots of hardware like a K/B/C .

Weight:
Heavy-ish is OK, I find weight sometimes gives me a reassuring guarantee of superior quality.
Needs a forklift truck is not OK.

Going forward:
If I bought more, it would most likely be another exotic. Very hard to commit to without seeing it in person in-store new or vintage. There is a bag I almost bought, but it was the wrong colour, I just can't do almost perfect with H.

Last edited:
My modest collection is actually pretty varied with a few discontinued designs.
Kelly 25 (I think, but may be 28-I'm too lazy to go upstairs and unbox and measure) Vintage Box rouge H with GHW,
Kelly Sellier Mou 40cm Black PHW (I believe its Togo but I would need to check my paperwork )
Paris-Bombay 40cm black , PHW possibly Clemence leather
Massai in Ebene GHW Clemence
Jypsiere 31 Gold PHW Fjord
Bolide Relax 45cm Rouge Laque sikkim leather PHW
Toto In grey canvas PM size
Herbag Backpack black hunter leather and canvas (newest addition..I'm using it at the moment with the smaller body turned inside out sellier style)
I use the Massai and both Kelly's the most (massai used most on longer strap and worn X-body)
And the toto I used solidly during the lockdowns as its such an easy casual bag and it can be washed, plus its incredibly roomy.
The Paris Bombay and Kelly Mou are my favourites although the PB feels dressier due to the doctors bag style and also somehow a winter bag.
My Bolide Relax I have never used just because I'm not 'feeling' an oversized red bag at the moment (I've had it 2 years..love it but never found the moment to wear it as I gravitate to my Prada nylon weekend bag before that for short breaks and intend to use the Bolide for a lightweight shlepping round vintage markets bag)
My Jypsiere I dont use as much as I would like because I feel the gold colour means (for me at least..) It works best with jeans or brown tweedy outfits.
I think I will use my Herbag backpack a lot.
I tend to like cross body or hand held, shoulder bags just don't do it for me and I find the strap drop limiting with some coats and jackets.
Plus I live in a City and I feel hand/crook of arm held or cross body is more secure.
I intend to repeat some of the bags I have...a jypsiere 28 in Black is on my list, a Kelly 32 or 35 probably retourne, another Massai or two ideally in Raisin or black maybe with phw(I'd like a smooth leather one if I could find it),and I'd love another PB probably same size in a dark rich colour or a deep tan, maybe in box
So in a nutshell I have:
X-body, shoulder or x body (massai) hand held, various leathers, and Canvas/Toile

Last edited:
Let’s see…
3 B35
3 B30
1 K32R
1 K32S
1 KL
1 24/24 29

I had, and rehomed, 4 (!!) B35s (too heavy/wrong color/too limiting), a toolbox (redundant color, didn't use), Lindy (meh), and Evelyn GM (never used)

I’m too concentrated on the B front (but I could tolerate one more in a croc), and definitely no more 35s unless it was a replacement for my well-worn Fjord. I would like to branch out and get at least 1 Bolide, a smaller Kelly (or 2), & a Constance & GP.

I have been in and out of Hermes for quite sometime. Own a small number of their bag,... constance, lindy. jypsiere, bolide,... However, I have always thought that the Kelly isn't a bag for me or my lifestyle.
Up until recently when Hermes bought back the Kelly Danse: a bag which I always wanted but became a discontinued product. I was in awe with the Kelly bags in general then. Today my wishlist for Kelly is also complete (for now) :smile:
Here are the list from my first to recent bag purchases.
1 GP 36/ Rouge H/ Negonda/ PHW
2 Evelyne 29/ Cafe/ Clemence/ PHW
3 Lindy 26/ Eclat- Graphite- Etupe/ Clemence/ PHW
4 Lindy 30/ Bleu Jean/ Clemence/ PHW
5 Jypsiere 28/ Etain/ Swift/ PHW
6 Evelyne 16 (TPM)/ Ultraviolet- Bleu Obscure/ Clemence/ PHW
7 Constance18/ Rose Tyrien/ Epsom/. PHW
8 Constanse18/ Bleu Saphir/ Swift/ PHW
9 Convoyeur Mini/ Gold/ Swift/ PHW
10 Picotin18/ Noir/ Clemence/ PHW
11 Bolide 1923 Mini/ Mauve Sylvestre/ Chevre Mysore/ PHW
12 Kelly Pocket To Go/ Anemone/ Chevre Mysore/ PHW
13 Kelly Danse II/ Noir/ Swift/ GHW
14 Kelly Pochette/ Jaune Ambre/ Swift/ GHW
15 Picotin 22/ Vert Criquet/ Maurice/ GHW
16 Kelly Mini II/ Bleu Brume/ Chevre Mysore/ GHW
17 Kelly 25/ Noir- Multico/ BPHW/ Togo
Eight different type of leathers - Negonda, Clemence, Swift, Epsom, Chevre Mysore, Maurice and Togo.
And currently downsize to 8 H bags.