How many chanels are too many?

There is no such thing as too many Chanels! LOL. But if you have 20+, maybe you can start saving up for a Birkin! Afterall, a Birkin is like the ultimate bag for many people (myself included). Or if you feel like you aren't using some of your Chanels as much, you can try selling them and using that money to put towards the Birkin! At least that is what I would do.

I can definitely part with maybe 3 of them but then I always feel I may regret it if I do but then again worth it to sell and buy a Birkin. I know nothing about birkins and it makes me nervous ... Is it really a several year waiting list? I have sold Chanel in the past but then always regret it. I am seriously addicted to buying bags and shoes but really only Chanel bags make me happy.. Of course everyone else thinks I'm crazy lol

Do you think 3 black jumbos is too much?? They are all different vintage gold hardware.. Double flap gold hardware caviar and single flap older style jumbo caviar silver hardware... Not really the same right?

it's too many if other areas of your life are suffering.. as in, you struggle to pay your bills every month, have debt, or are not saving for retirement.

But if you're all set with the above and can easily afford them and love them and use them, why not? enjoy!

I totally agree :smile: If you can afford it and still maintain your quality of life, who is to say how many you should have.

People collect different things, cars, jewelry, shoes...purses can be a hobby as well :smile:

I am not extremely rich but I work very hard and do earn a nice living. People are always tell me I should save more and even worse make me feel like a bad mom for spending money on myself . When you really think about 5000 on one bag is pretty crazy! Chanel bags and cl shoes are just my favorite . Clothes I mix and match from designer to forever 21 and Zara h&m but bags and shoes I can't mix and match ...

I think I will post pics of all my Chanel's and then maybe ask for advice as to what to sell ...

I can definitely part with maybe 3 of them but then I always feel I may regret it if I do but then again worth it to sell and buy a Birkin. I know nothing about birkins and it makes me nervous ... Is it really a several year waiting list? I have sold Chanel in the past but then always regret it. I am seriously addicted to buying bags and shoes but really only Chanel bags make me happy.. Of course everyone else thinks I'm crazy lol

Oh I know how you feel!! Parting with one of your Chanels is not an easy thing to do but just think of the Birkin that you can get by selling a few :biggrin: I think you should definitely post what you have and we can kind of help you decide which ones you can get rid of.

Nah your not alone. It's real easy to keep buying something you love :P
I can't seem to buy other designer bags besides Chanel. I'm hooked.
I always glance to the orange aide and my bf has offered many times to get me a Birkin but I tell him no thanks and very appreciative and greatful of him. So I just stay on the side of buying Chanel :biggrin:
One day I will pull the Birkin trigger just not yet.
Chanel's colored flaps has a hold on me, for now :lol:
Just like the gorgeous rainbow, I am trying to catch all colors :P

Cheers for a wonderful boyfriend who first of all knows what Hermes is, and second would buy you one!!! :smile:

I am not extremely rich but I work very hard and do earn a nice living. People are always tell me I should save more and even worse make me feel like a bad mom for spending money on myself . When you really think about 5000 on one bag is pretty crazy! Chanel bags and cl shoes are just my favorite . Clothes I mix and match from designer to forever 21 and Zara h&m but bags and shoes I can't mix and match ...

I feel you! To be completely honest, I buy many and most of my clothes at deep discount (I think I could be considered maxx-inista). But do purchase Louboutins and Chanel handbags. To me those are wonderful staples that can be worn daily, as opposed to an expensive outfit that can only be worn once in a while to avoid be redundant.

My goodness, it's every girl's dream to own a Chanel. I think owning 2 or 3 classic is reasonable but more than that it seems it's getting out of control, that is you are using your heart and not your brain. Life is about balance and you will be a much better person if you can recognize not to fall victim of your own heart. Life is fun and don't be boxed by Chanel.

Hahaha it's so funny i refuse to ever buy full price clothes in fact i almost never do... Somehow I can rationalize my Chanel and cl purchases ... Crazy I know. I will for sure post pics of my bags to see maybe which If any I would say goodbye to for an Hermes. I think the only full price clothes I ever buy are lululemon designer major sale only and of course cheaper clothes no sale lol ... Great that at least I'm not the only one :smile:

it's too many if other areas of your life are suffering.. as in, you struggle to pay your bills every month, have debt, or are not saving for retirement.

But if you're all set with the above and can easily afford them and love them and use them, why not? enjoy!

I agree with OlgaMUA

For me, i thought if i bought a few classic pieces i would be content and not want any more. but now i'm at 11 bags. 8 classic. And I'm still wanting more..my wishlist gets longer and longer as i think of the colors i want and definitely more jumbo's. And the problem is I don't think it's too many. I honestly feel like they are all necessary pieces.